The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help
Old 13th October 2013
Here for the gear

Small cubic room acoustic treatment help

Hello people from Gearslutz, I'm a new one here but I have been reading this forum for a pretty long time. I mainly produce electronic music and I bought myself adam a8x monitors,but to use them properly I still must treat my room to have satisfying results. Here I need your help.

First , I gotta say my room is a dimensional hell. 4m x 4m x 2.6 m,but I hope that with proper treatment I can solve some problems. Here is a picture of my room's dimensions.
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help-dimensions.bmp
As you can see, the door is just in the god damn corner so I think I will build a "gobo" trap for that,but my biggest problem is a big window on the right from that door. Due its large dimensions and placement , I don't know where to place my monitors and listening position. Current setup is where the monitors are placed on the wall right from the window so the window is on my left. In this king of arrangement I don't know how could i manage to get the first reflection treated properly because on the right wall I would put a rockwool panel,but on the left ( window ) I can't put anything like rockwool and the alterantive treatment would just give unsymmetrical results. Here are few pictures of current setup and walls
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help-cam00062.jpg
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help-cam00063.jpg
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help-cam00064.jpg
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help-cam00065.jpg
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help-cam00066.jpg
Small cubic room acoustic treatment help-cam00067.jpg

Basically , I have a plan for treatment of the corners and panels on the back wall but I don't how can I make a first reflection panel for the window that matches the one on the right wall. I really don't know where to place my monitors and this greatly changes the way I will treat the room. So I would be really grateful if you could supply my with some advice! Everything in this room is movable, I plan on buying monitor stands and the cabinet goes out pretty soon.

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Guru

Can you remove or move the closet and face the 2.6 meter wall? If so put the closet out of the room or move the the back and treat as may corners as possible, early reflection points and so on.
The Basics of Room Acoustics: Bass Traps, Diffusors, Acoustic Panels
Old 17th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
Can you remove or move the closet and face the 2.6 meter wall? If so put the closet out of the room or move the the back and treat as may corners as possible, early reflection points and so on.
The Basics of Room Acoustics: Bass Traps, Diffusors, Acoustic Panels
I will absolutely remove the closet as soon as possible, I don't have a vehicle for transporting it, that closet is basically garbage.

I think I'll go with the monitors in front of the window, that way I can fully treat the wall behind me and make symmetrical panels for first reflection treatment. And btw, the ceiling is 2.6 meters in height, walls are both 4m.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search