The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best way to hang acoustic traps ?
Old 7th August 2006
Lives for gear

Best way to hang acoustic traps ?

Great news !

We found a bunch of office cubicle walls ( free heh ) that were filled with 2 1/2" compressed fiberglass. So we took them apart , doubled up the raw fiberglass and built a bunch of broad band absorbers for a project studio. Then covered them with some nice fabric.

What is the best way to put these in the corner ???? Is there a way to get em in there without seeing what attaches them to the wall ???

There is no frame at all with these. They look just like a do it yourself version of the ready bags.

They are 2' wide x 4 1/2' long x 5" deep ( 2 in each corner to account for 9' ceilings )

What's the best way ?
Thanks in advance !

Old 7th August 2006
Lives for gear

BUMP
Old 7th August 2006
Lives for gear

....wow, that was a quick bump !

It might be a good idea to post a pic. They do say that it's worth a thousand words.

si
Old 7th August 2006
Lives for gear

Funny because hanging 2x4 bass corner traps is on my agenda today and I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna do it but I'm thinking of mounting a couple of small L brackets to hold the bottom up and the re enforce the top section with some velcro

That is unless somebody has a better idea
Old 26th August 2006
Lives for gear

Nobody answered so for future reference you can check the ready traps site for some good ideas.

Nice to have the connectors hidden in the back.

I think I'll do the PVC/ zip tie method for the walls today.
The corners and re-wiring are done !!

Here's the trap hanging info :
http://www.readyacoustics.com/custom...wall-mounting/
Old 26th August 2006
Lives for gear

If you frame them with wood, cheap 1x1 or something, this makes mounting them easier. Then you are dealing with a frame, instead of a somewhat mushy total area.

A "C" hook in the corner wall can catch a wire spread across the width. Like a picture.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search