The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The NEW TRI-Trap from GIK Acoustics!
Old 4th June 2006
Gear Guru

The NEW TRI-Trap from GIK Acoustics!

Hello to all slutz! GIK Acoustics has heard the voices and read the emails asking for a product that will provide sound absorption quality like our GIK panels, but fit neatly into the corner. WELL, OUR TALENTED SOUND ENGINEERS HAVE DONE IT! We are proud to introduce GIK Acoustics newest product – the TRI-TRAP! The Tri-Trap is made to become part of the wall, and is portable, stackable and affordable. They look great, even to the most sensitive decorator’s eye, and require absolutely no installation, as they fit perfectly into the corner for maximum sound absorption. The Tri-Trap takes up far less space in your room than the typical treatment of straddling a corner with an acoustic panel, and the sound absorption is far superior. The Tri-Trap, like all of the GIK bass traps, was lab tested at the prestigious Riverbank Acoustics Laboratory and the results were amazing. The Tri-Trap has true effects at 50 Hz and below. The Tri-Trap has been effectively designed to absorb more low end, but also does an excellent job of absorbing the high end, creating smooth sound absorption from 50 Hz to 5000 Hz. Installing our Tri-Traps will result in a beautifully balanced room that will suit even the most critical listener.

The Tri-Trap is made from the same quality materials as the other GIK bass traps. The Tri-Trap is 2 feet wide and 4 feet tall, and is available in off white and black. The Tri-Trap is sold in sets of two for maximum shipping efficiency. And for a limited time, we have a special introductory price of just $129.00 a piece, $258.00 for the set of two!

See info at http://www.gikacoustics.com/product_info.html

Glenn
Old 4th June 2006
Jai guru deva om

I drove down to Atlanta last week to meet Glenn and Ines (the "G" and the "I" in "GIK" Acoustics) and to check out their manufacturing facility in person as we were interested in the line. Not only are Glenn and Ines and their employess first rate and care about what they do, but the panels are outstanding. I just had to rub it in also...I am the proud owner of the first 2 Tri Traps!

Along with a variety of the 244, 242 and Monster panels, I finally headed in the direction of getting my small, strange mixing space in line. The panels not only look great and feel great, but the difference in sound in my room is amazing to me. Glenn's philosophy towards helping others is a good one as well, which is a fit for my philosophies on taking care of people...so we're happy to say we have picked up the line based on the product and the people.

Here's a few pics I snapped:

"GIK Back Mountain" (me and Glenn, he kept saying he couldn't "quit me"??)

Glenn and Ines:

The cutting room, sizing up the fabrics for different panels:

Part of the manufacturing facility:

Glenn is also the front man for a very popular rock band here in the southeast, "The Cogburns". They're playing Columbia SC on like July 17 if I'm not mistaken so I'll get to see Glenn in action! Glenn, you should write a song called "GIK Back To Where You Once Belong"...

War
Old 4th June 2006
Lives for gear

Do they have a UK supplier?

Paul Blenn
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenn
Do they have a UK supplier?

Paul Blenn
At this time we do not but I am flying over to London in July to see about opening up a branch there.
We can ship there, if you would like to email me for a quote.

Glenn
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
I drove down to Atlanta last week to meet Glenn and Ines (the "G" and the "I" in "GIK" Acoustics) and to check out their manufacturing facility in person as we were interested in the line. Not only are Glenn and Ines and their employess first rate and care about what they do, but the panels are outstanding. I just had to rub it in also...I am the proud owner of the first 2 Tri Traps!

Along with a variety of the 244, 242 and Monster panels, I finally headed in the direction of getting my small, strange mixing space in line. The panels not only look great and feel great, but the difference in sound in my room is amazing to me. Glenn's philosophy towards helping others is a good one as well, which is a fit for my philosophies on taking care of people...so we're happy to say we have picked up the line based on the product and the people.

Here's a few pics I snapped:

"GIK Back Mountain" (me and Glenn, he kept saying he couldn't "quit me"??)

Glenn and Ines:

The cutting room, sizing up the fabrics for different panels:

Part of the manufacturing facility:

Glenn is also the front man for a very popular rock band here in the southeast, "The Cogburns". They're playing Columbia SC on like July 17 if I'm not mistaken so I'll get to see Glenn in action! Glenn, you should write a song called "GIK Back To Where You Once Belong"...

War
I would HIGHLY recommend Warren at Front End Audio for all of your equipment purchase.. Not only is Warren a great guy, but he knows his SH$T when it comes to equipment. When this guy gets a piece of gear in the first this he does not do is start calling customers to buy it, but takes it into his own studio to learn everything there is to know about it. Warren and I must have talked for hours about room acoustics, but not one time did the words "So Glenn how much money am I going to make on each panel?" ever came up. We talked more about how to recommend product to his customers.
You can bet the next time I buy that new toy for my studio I will be calling Warren!

Glenn
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

One of these days Glenn, you and I have to meet up. I was in Columbia last week, but unfortunately all my time was consumed by obligatory family wedding stuff. Didn't you say that you might be out in the Bay Area some time this summer?

On a sappier note...Glenn really is a great guy to do business with. Like Warren said, he really believes in helping people better understand room acoustics and is very passionate and knowledgeable about what he does. And on top of that he is a cool cat that loves to talk about music and gear.

Brad
Old 6th June 2006
Lives for gear

thumbsup

Great company and product.

Thanks War.
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad McGowan
One of these days Glenn, you and I have to meet up. I was in Columbia last week, but unfortunately all my time was consumed by obligatory family wedding stuff. Didn't you say that you might be out in the Bay Area some time this summer?

On a sappier note...Glenn really is a great guy to do business with. Like Warren said, he really believes in helping people better understand room acoustics and is very passionate and knowledgeable about what he does. And on top of that he is a cool cat that loves to talk about music and gear.

Brad
I am a gear slutz for sure!! As much as I do believe that the room is the number one thing, I always have my eye on that next piece of gear.

Glenn
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

I have the two sets of the 4 inch GIK traps in my mixing room and they work as advertised. Very pleased with the product and the customer support. Glen, I will be ordering some of the tri traps soon.
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldone
I have the two sets of the 4 inch GIK traps in my mixing room and they work as advertised. Very pleased with the product and the customer support. Glen, I will be ordering some of the tri traps soon.

Sounds great sir.. Hey when you can send me some pictures of your room.

Glenn

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search