The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bass trapping - Problem with mirror closet doors in room. **PICS** Studio Monitors
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

Bass trapping - Problem with mirror closet doors in room. **PICS**

Hey guys, been lurking for a while learning on trapping and went ahead with a DIY. Having a problem with the room though, my room is 12x 12.8. I am on the longer part of the room but behind the mixing (back wall)position as you can see the corners are small and meet up with two glass closet doors. Its also a problem with the RFZ points because to the sides of me there are windows and furniture. Would it be a problem if I rearrange the room so that I am on the 12" part of the room? I have 9. 4" bass traps with ecoustimac cellulose insulation, also added aluminum bonded to the front. and 3. 2" panels with the same material for the RFZ. Also, might be a dumb question but do I need to trap anywhere in the closet or closet doors? Or will the clothes inside absorb some? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks. I can add more pics if requested of the entire room.

Old 15th September 2011
Gear Guru

Hard to say about the clothes as you would have to test it, but turning the mix spot is fine. You can set up the panels like the following.
GIK Acoustics: Room Setup
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
Hard to say about the clothes as you would have to test it, but turning the mix spot is fine. You can set up the panels like the following.
GIK Acoustics: Room Setup

Thanks for the prompt response Glenn. As for the laminating of aluminum to the cellulose, will it work the same as fiberglass? Also, should the traps that go up on the wall/ceiling corners with the aluminum? and 2" or 4" for up there. Sorry to bother and thanks
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search