The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
bassy iso cab i really need help
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

bassy iso cab i really need help

Alright, i just built myself an iso cab made out of MDF 5/8''. i put two layer of 1'' SONOpan (go check out on google). one layer of sonopan is like 3'' of Roxul Sanf N' Sound. My problem is not with the inside of the the box (recording part) but with the ''outside'' when i play with the clean channel of my Rectifier Rectoverb, there is absolutely no problem. but when i play with the distortion, it gets really bassy.

here's my iso cab ImageShack Album - 17 images

the ''false bottom'' is for a air circulation so i have a positive pressure. i drilled two 1/4 holes on the bottoms of the iso cab.

what should i do to reduce the bass that i ear from outside the box.

the bass is so loud that i have to put the master at like 1.5.

oh and i almost forgot, in front of the speaker, i put two layer of SONOpan on the bottom where the mic will be places.

thanks

Vince

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search