The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I sit "on" the back wall, what treatment is advised? Dynamics Plugins
Old 13th September 2011
  #1
Here for the gear
 

I sit "on" the back wall, what treatment is advised?

Hi,

I am using my room only for listening and i am sitting on the back wall (can't change that) i was wondering what treatment should i do there?

Thanks
Old 13th September 2011
  #2
Gear Guru
 
Glenn Kuras's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaniv.E View Post
Hi,

I am using my room only for listening and i am sitting on the back wall (can't change that) i was wondering what treatment should i do there?

Thanks
Thick absorption. Something around 6" would be recommended.
Old 13th September 2011
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
Thick absorption. Something around 6" would be recommended.
I don't understand what 6" means, can you be more specific?
Old 14th September 2011
  #4
Gear Guru
 
Glenn Kuras's Avatar
6" deep of absorption.
Old 14th September 2011
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Any suggestion for a product and quantity?
Old 14th September 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaniv.E View Post
Any suggestion for a product and quantity?
due to real estate constraints, higher gas-flow-resistivity material would probably be beneficial: ie., 6" Owens Corning 703 (OC703) directly behind the listening position. space with as much of an air-gap as possible (2-6", whatever you can).

if you are confined right against the wall you will also have LF issues to contest with...

what is current distance to the rear wall?
Old 14th September 2011
  #7
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost127 View Post
due to real estate constraints, higher gas-flow-resistivity material would probably be beneficial: ie., 6" Owens Corning 703 (OC703) directly behind the listening position. space with as much of an air-gap as possible (2-6", whatever you can).

if you are confined right against the wall you will also have LF issues to contest with...

what is current distance to the rear wall?


Thanks,

This is my music room and it is located in my living room.
The distance to the rear wall is 0" :-)

You can't see it on the pic buy i have http://www.atsacoustics.com/corner-bass-trap-b.html on each corner.
Maybe this will help: (Any advice will be appreciated)
Old 14th September 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaniv.E View Post
Thanks,

This is my music room and it is located in my living room.
The distance to the rear wall is 0" :-)

You can't see it on the pic buy i have Corner Bass Trap - 24x48 on each corner.
Maybe this will help: (Any advice will be appreciated)

you cannot pull the couch/chair away from the wall???
Old 14th September 2011
  #9
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost127 View Post
you cannot pull the couch/chair away from the wall???

No, sorry.
Top Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump