The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
QUIET BATT® Acoustic Insulation
Old 31st August 2011
Here for the gear

QUIET BATT® Acoustic Insulation

Hello there,

I am planning on building 10-12 Bass Traps and I'm looking for some advice on a particular insulation material. While I've already looked at the obvious choices (OC 703, Rockwool, etc), I also came accross a reasonably-priced product called QuietBatt, which is made out of 80% recycled cotton fibers. These are the technical specs provided by the vendor:
http://www.soundprooffoam.com/pdf/Qu...Insulation.pdf

I realize that the specs are very limited, but based on the absorption figures, could be an acceptable substitute? Does anybody have any experience with this product?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LittlePedro; 31st August 2011 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: additional info
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePedro View Post
I realize that the specs are very limited, but based on the absorption figures, could be an acceptable substitute? Does anybody have any experience with this product?
Based on the test data on the material and test data on other similar product, it is not suitable for bass traps.

Andre
Old 1st September 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks, Andre! I was afraid that would be the case. I came across this product by searching for acoustical cotton.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm not sure I understand what about it's measurement makes it unsuitable for bass traps. Could you explain?

-s

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search