The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acoustic in my control room
Old 2nd February 2006
Gear Head

Acoustic in my control room

Hi,
I'm solving problems in my new control room. Is it ok to use some universal room kits like this www.primacoustic.com/LZ14.htm , or should I make some cuustom basstraps exactly for my room? I know where are the problems, so it would be probably better to make some calculations of resonatorss etc... what do you think? Is the room kit good enough, or custom solution?

many thanx

Lukas
Old 2nd February 2006
Gear Addict

I'm not sure why you'd ever want to put something on the wall that absorbs 500 Hz and up, as they say their foam does. That just seems pointless, especially when you can use rigid fiberglass panels instead, which absorb a much broader spectrum.
Old 2nd February 2006
Gear Guru

He is right on the money... Foam might be ok (good quality foam that is) for first reflections, but what most rooms need is bass trapping in all corners..
Can you get rigid fiberglass OC 703, OC 705 or mineral wool where you live?? If so you want to make it 4" thick and straddle as many corners as possible.. For your first reflections 2" panels would be fine..
You may want to visit Soundonsound.com to see where you can track down rigid fiberglass.. Either that or I think Real Traps can ship to you..

Glenn

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search