The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GIK "room kits" advice please Sequencers (HW)
Old 23rd December 2010
Deleted User #148639
GIK "room kits" advice please

I am about to move my studio into a basic 8 by 16 foot space. It's pretty small but it's my only option. I don't have the time to do anything d.I.y. with regards to building any sound treatment things from scratch. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the pricing ppoints of affordable sound treatments and could provide me with their thoughts on purchasing a bundle or room kit to start out and get the basics such as the one on the link below. They run $550 and I am wondering if this is a good value for what I'm getting and whether or not this amount of sound treatment will be effective in a room my size.

Order Your GIK Acoustics acoustic panels and bass traps Today!

Thanks!
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Guru

The best way to find out is to give us as much info as you can about your room at the following page GIK Acoustics: Room Setup so we can determine if the kit is the best first go around for you.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Head

Ok, I sent out pics to the site of my room. Today I picked up some acoustic treatment from a guy in LA. 80$. It looks to be a modest room kit, with some tri traps, and some different shaped foam for the walls, pyramid, and wedge shaped. Though I'm not sure which brand, it seems up to the task for what I paid. Though I doubt what I have will do much to help bass, so...
I'm still interested in the monster traps from GIK. I'm going to post up pics tomorrow of what I have, and see what should go where.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Guru

Good deal!! thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search