The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice for getting floor-ceiling, freestanding traps to stand flush against wall? Dynamics Plugins
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Advice for getting floor-ceiling, freestanding traps to stand flush against wall?

Hi

I made a couple of 4" thick (more like 5" inc. gap at the back), 7'x2' traps that are placed in the front corners of the studio.

Can you guys recommend good ways of making sure the traps sit flush across/along the corners, without risk of falling forward onto all the equipment?

Many thanks!
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Guru

I would just lean then a bit. They should be fine that way. If not then you would need to attach them to the side walls.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Yeah, that's how i have them now. But i was just looking for something that looks a little better and more professional. I can't attach to the wall on one side anyway, as it's an uneven stone wall that i wouldn't want to 'damage'.

Many thanks
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

What about a small length or wire or chain to hooks in the ceiling?
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

shims
Old 18th December 2010
SAC

Industrial Velcro
Old 18th December 2010
Gear Addict

If the stone wall has small flat surfaces, you could try Command strips and some thin wire attached to eye hooks behind the panels ( topend).

Command

Or make some feet for the panels. I have 2 portable corner traps w/ feet(2x8'). They are used in front of doors. Only 9" long and they went through some earthquakes (6 on the richter scale) we had this year with no problems.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC View Post
Industrial Velcro
Good call. thumbsup
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Best would be to somehow attach the top to the wall. Wire, bracket, etc. Your installation situation would dictate.

Otherwise, use shims. I use shims under my bookshelves to make sure they are tight to the wall, or tip back toward the wall just slightly. Sometimes all it takes is a penny under the front corners. You may want proper wood shims or even larger chunks depending on the situation.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search