The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Budget Broadband Absorbers and Bass Traps
Old 17th January 2006
Lives for gear

Budget Broadband Absorbers and Bass Traps

Slate Studios head acoustic contractor Teale Haley has a new line of budget panel absorbers that come in 3.5" and 5.5". These are not magic mystery panels, they are basically fabric upholstered rigid fiberglass in wood frames with a slight air gap built into the frame. Actual room testing of the traps proved that by varying the density of fiberglass layering within the 5.5" bass traps, low energy absorption improved. The 5.5" trap in the corners of a room with loosely packed R30 behind it provides very deep bass absorption with good looks and not much cash. The 3.5" are great for back walls and on ceilings. Custom colors are available. These things are guarenteed to work. Teale has installed them in ten studios around LA including some here at Slate. The 3.5" is $100 and the 5.5" is $125.

Also available soon are MDF based quadratic diffusors, and custom studio design and room installs. Please visit the page and call if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Budget Broadband Absorbers and Bass Traps-reds.jpg   Budget Broadband Absorbers and Bass Traps-studio.jpg  
Old 18th January 2006
Lives for gear

Gustav, I am in Malmö and we are looking at getting some panels.
Would you want to share shipping cost (I am not if we can save money that way at all, but its worth checking out)?
kjetil
Old 18th January 2006
Lives for gear

Gustav, the UPS options should automatically be added once you choose the UPS option. But then again, I'll check with my web guy and get back to you.

EDIT-- ok, as soon as you go to stage 3 of checkout, you will see the UPS shipping options added. You can try this without putting your credit card in. Please call or email if there are any problems.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search