The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Glue to stick rockwool together, and to a board?
Old 30th November 2010
Lives for gear

Glue to stick rockwool together, and to a board?

Hi

I'm making a removable window plug/baffle. Currently i have bits of off-cut/chopped rockwool placed into the window bay, like so:

The effect of simply having this 100mm of RS100 is great on its own, despite the gap at the top. I want to a) stick these offcuts together and b) stick them to either some mdf or perhaps some drywall/plasterboard.

Which glue can i use for this?

I miss the light that this window affords me, so being removable would be great - so I obviously don't want the rockwool to fall off the board that it's attached to after a couple of weeks. The rockwool itself is quite heavy. Perhaps i could use screws to attach the bits, also.

Cheers
Old 30th November 2010
Gear Addict

I have seen high-density Rockwool glued with either stud adhesive or masonry adhesive (sorry, not sure which one it was but it is usually used for attaching plasterboard to studs or to masonry, respectively). I would expect that construction adhesive would also work and I would have thought that contact adhesive may also work. Haven't seen or tried these last two.
Old 30th November 2010
Gear Guru

I am not a sound proofing guy, but I would think building a wood box with the fiberglass inside would work much better.
Old 30th November 2010
Lives for gear

here's what i bought from the insulation place that sold me my oc703.

i use the spray to bond multiple 703 panels together, and then also to bond the panel to the backing wood frame so the whole structure wouldnt move around as i tried to wrap fabric in it:

Old 17th April 2019
Here for the gear

For homemade soundproofing VO booth: can I glue purpose made foam soundproofing tiles directly to rock wool slabs? Please?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search