The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
So I finally made my super-ghetto-lowbudget-chunks...
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Red face So I finally made my super-ghetto-lowbudget-chunks...

I don't have any test equipment to quantify the effects, but they definitely made an audible difference.

The frames are just a basic rectangle of 1x2 furring strips, I used unfaced R-30, cut into roughly 15x15x21 triangles, and compressed it vertically. This stuff is 9.5" thick, and I put 22 triangles (209") in each corner (ceiling height is 89"). After the frames were stuffed I just stapled some black weed control fabric to the frames... sorry for the crappy pics; they were taken with a friends cell phone. I didn't bother taking any pics when they were finished; I figured you could imagine what they'd look like.

Reading the Bob Gold's absorption coefficients made me think that the pink stuff would work fairly well for these, especially with the budget I had available. After everything was said and done I had about $8 into each corner, floor to ceiling.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there for any other poor folks that want/need more treatment!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
So I finally made my super-ghetto-lowbudget-chunks...-photo0240.jpg   So I finally made my super-ghetto-lowbudget-chunks...-photo0241.jpg  
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Cool, looks good. I'll bet they're highly effective. If you ever get the opportunity to do some testing, that would be awesome.
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Guru

Great job. thumbsup

If you want to test your room check out Room EQ. It is free!!
Room EQ Wizard Home Page
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Dude...those are not super-ghetto. I bet they'll work really well and I think they look good!

Frank
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks guys!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear