The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Placing a 32" screen behind monitors is a BAD idea huh?
Old 7th July 2009
Lives for gear

Placing a 32" screen behind monitors is a BAD idea huh?

YouTube - My cr.

Thats my room,now after i repaint and place my traps there im gonna want to move the whole rfz 30cm or so towards the window (so the monitors will be eavenly closer to the side walls.

Now in order to save some space im gonna mount the screen on the wall between the monitors.

Now from what ive read in this Learn what is SBIR (Speaker Boundary Interface Response). i understood that will be a bad idea because the location of the screen is exactly where the front wall trap should be...behind the speakers.

Is it that bad? i mean there gonna be trap on the corners,and i am going to mount a rap Somewhere in the front wall any way .

Thanks!
Old 7th July 2009
Lives for gear

If you can do a panels behind each of the speakers, you'll still be OK.

Trading that for the centering of the setup and getting rid of the screen obstruction close to the front speaker plane is a good tradeoff in terms of MUCh better imaging.

Bryan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search