The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tri Corners(Does thickness matter?)
Old 9th June 2009
Lives for gear

Tri Corners(Does thickness matter?)

Hello again everyone. Well I have not done any real specific tests,but to my ears EVERYTHING is building up in the tri-corners of my room. I mean,you can just hear it!!!!

So,I am once again considering a DIY project,but like most folks, I wanna stretch my material(if it is reasonable),so I was wondering, if I build some 2'x2' tri corner traps,am I gonna experience ANY benefit from building them with 6" of Roxul with 2" airspace OR is 4" of Roxul and 2" air space good enough?

I am thinking about building tri traps and then placing 24"x48"x4" panels between them (top tri and the bottom tri) straddling corners. Part of my decision is based on space and room design AND the fact that the corner build up is simply INSANE!!!!!!!

Also,IF I wanted to hang a cloud above for reflections how much space between the ceiling and the bass trap do I need? I have a ceiling fan to contend with. Yet another....
I seem to be full of these , must be my old age AND the cheap wine!

Um, I guess that's it fer now.

Thanks again,
foamboy

Oh, and just for the hell of it I wanna give one of these......dfegad

Man,I feel better already!
Old 9th June 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
building them with 6" of Roxul with 2" airspace OR is 4" of Roxul and 2" air space good enough?
When you are straddling panels in the corners you want the edges of the panel to touch the walls. So NO spacing in this case.

As far as 6" vs 4", well that is up to you. Yes 6" will work better but if you can build more with the 4" to cover more of the corners then that is the better bang for the buck.

Quote:
Also,IF I wanted to hang a cloud above for reflections how much space between the ceiling and the bass trap do I need?
You kind of lost me on this one. Not sure what you are asking.
Old 9th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
When you are straddling panels in the corners you want the edges of the panel to touch the walls. So NO spacing in this case.

You kind of lost me on this one. Not sure what you are asking.
Okay,so a standard 2'x'2 panel is a no,no. I guess you are saying that the corner MUST be filled in order to get good results,correct?

Ugggghhhhh,you know what,I'm just gonna contact you guys directly and pick your brain 'bout some stuff. My laziness is kicking in again.

foamboy
Old 9th June 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Okay,so a standard 2'x'2 panel is a no,no. I guess you are saying that the corner MUST be filled in order to get good results,correct?
No you can make a 2x2 panel but you want the sides to touch the walls.

Glenn
Old 10th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
No you can make a 2x2 panel but you want the sides to touch the walls.

Glenn
Uh,I hate to sound like a dumbarse,but do ya mean just like the way regular bass traps straddle wal to wall across the corner? Something like this? Acoustic Tube Traps | Acoustic Bass Trap – Affordable Low Frequency Absorber - Audimute Soundproofing

Thanks again,
foamboy
Old 10th June 2009
Gear Guru

yep!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search