The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Loft Roll 44
Old 6th June 2009
Here for the gear

Loft Roll 44

I've posted this query on another forum and had some feedback (Thanks Frank) but thought i'd seek some extra advice here too.

I've been meaning to make up bass traps for a LONG time but just haven't had a spare moment. I know have a free weekend so i'm looking at using this opportunity to get the job done!

I currently have a roll of this Loft Roll 44 (100mm Thick) in my garage which was left over from building an extension onto my house and was thinking of using it for building the bass traps.

Question:

Will this actually do the job? I cant find any info regarding the density of this insulation and I know that the slab type insulation is more suited but it would be a shame to let it go to waste as I have no other use for it and it would save me some money.

I have since contacted their tech team and received some info from them. The Loft Roll 44 is less than 10kg/m3 (didn't specify exact density)

They recommended using one of the following from their Rocksilk Universal Slab range:

RS33 = 33kg/m3
RS45 = 45kg/m3
RS60 = 60kg/m3

This does seem better looking at figures but unfortunately it means more money!

Do you think I could chance using what i've got or should I do it correctly and get more suitable material?

I'm looking at the following build:

2 traps at the left and right corners at the front of the room, both full height of room and 2ft wide, angled across corner.

1 trap at rear right of room, 4ft long x 2 ft wide (Can't go full height of room due to obstacles in way), angled across corner.

2 traps at rear left of room, 4ft long x 2ft wide (there is a door here so i'm fixing one straight onto the side wall and the other one is going on the door).

A 4ft x 2ft trap at reflection points either side of monitoring position.

A panel above monitoring position on roof (Size unknown yet, most likely stick to 4ft x 2ft).

Possibly one at rear of room, again the same size.

I have a window in from of me but use the curtains to shield sound from it.

Any help appreciated guys

Bryan
Old 7th June 2009
Here for the gear

Change of plan, i've decided to go for some RS60 slabs instead! This will be more convenient to work with and the specs are greater than the loft roll 44.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search