The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Omniffusor dimensions
Old 18th May 2009
Gear Head

Omniffusor dimensions

Hi All,

i've been looking around for hours now and cannot seem to find the depths used by the RPG Omniffusor (the wooden one, not the FRG). Omniffusor - sd diffusor
I really would like to DIY a couple of these. I also saw on the website that they can be stacked into an array prob without any interference of the sequences.

Can anybody help me out with the correct depths for these units?

thanks!
Bastiaan
Old 18th May 2009
Lives for gear

I don't know if THIS would help or not but I havn't checked out the latest one....Acoustic Calc
Old 18th May 2009
Gear Head

Hi Michael,

the calculator only has the skyline design based on the BBC research paper. The actual RPG omniffusor uses a grid of 8x8 cavities;

The strange thing is that even the grid outlined in Master Handbook of Acoustics (page 310) does not seem to match the actual product;
The Master Handbook of Acoustics - Google Book Search

I hope somebody knows the sequence or that someone who owns one of the wooden versions can measure the depths.
Old 19th May 2009
Lives for gear

Hope so too. I couldn't find anything.

Oh yeh, I think my Master Handbook of Acoustics is a little dated(first addition, second printing)heh
Old 10th August 2010
Here for the gear

Hey Bastiaan,

Have you find the answer to your question? If so, could you share it. Have been looking long for it myself without any answers.

Appreciate it,

Fraco
Old 10th August 2010
Lives for gear

I build some. There are 4 quadranten with the same sequence mirrored to each other.
To put is easyheh

0 6 3 5 5 3 6 0
6 5 2 4 4 2 5 6
3 2 6 1 1 6 2 3
5 4 1 3 3 1 4 5
5 4 1 3 3 1 4 5
3 2 6 1 1 6 2 3
6 5 2 4 4 2 5 6
0 6 3 5 5 3 6 0

0= zero depth , 1 x desired depth etc. What RPG uses as one unitdepth I don't recall but I think it's in the patent. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Henk
Old 10th August 2010
Lives for gear

I think almost for sure the depth-unit is 5/8 " = 0.625 inch
Old 11th August 2010
Gear Maniac

The dimensions are on the cutsheets link on the page you referred to in the first post

Theory here - the 2D stuff is towards the bottom
Old 20th March 2019
Here for the gear

Hey. Could you tell me the exact dimensions of depth for omniffuser.Share your experience?
I want to make it the following parameters operating Range-dispersion 700 Hz to 2.2 kHz.,
Size 520*520*110 mm.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search