The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
mounting my bass traps!
Old 20th March 2009
Here for the gear

mounting my bass traps!

Hi
I have finally become a member of this great forum,i have read a lot of threads on this forum and must say the level of knowleage is very very good so i have finally joined.
I recently purchased some traps from gik,i have mounted all corner traps and my ceiling ones will be getting mounted on sunday,my problem is behind my monitors are a big set of glass sliding doors,i have read in a book i have been reading and also been told that a heavy set of drapes should be sufficent for the doors,but my problem is the traps i shall be mounting behind my monitors.I cant really mount them on the glass and havn't got stands i can mount them on,my plan was to use ceiling hooks to hang them from but have read that to be most effective they must be mounted on a solid surface.
Is this true or would hanging them be a good idea?
Any help will be vry appreciated
cheers james
Old 20th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydy View Post
Hi
I have finally become a member of this great forum,i have read a lot of threads on this forum and must say the level of knowleage is very very good so i have finally joined.
I recently purchased some traps from gik,i have mounted all corner traps and my ceiling ones will be getting mounted on sunday,my problem is behind my monitors are a big set of glass sliding doors,i have read in a book i have been reading and also been told that a heavy set of drapes should be sufficent for the doors,but my problem is the traps i shall be mounting behind my monitors.I cant really mount them on the glass and havn't got stands i can mount them on,my plan was to use ceiling hooks to hang them from but have read that to be most effective they must be mounted on a solid surface.
Is this true or would hanging them be a good idea?
Any help will be vry appreciated
cheers james
Hey James! You can suspend them from the ceiling the way you're planning...that's fine. Just get them close to the glass doors...within a few inches anyway. I had to do much the same thing in another room I used for a couple of years...worked just fine.

Frank
Old 20th March 2009
Here for the gear

hi frank
my monitors will be placed about 3-4 feet away from the glass doors,will i still have to hang them a few inches away?Its not a problem to do that but could cause problems with my drapes. cheers james

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search