The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The "bling factor" of room treatment.
Old 31st May 2009
Here for the gear

I'm really digging that first pic with the white panels - even more impressive is how meticulously clean you'd have to be all the time to keep those looking nice. I don't think you can get away with bling if you have a bunch of foam up especially when I see how artsy people try to get with a few pieces here and there.

How is the Micro-Suede holding up for you? I really do like the look of those wood walls.

These photos were taken a few of months ago - we've made a few updates since then and will be mounting the speakers in the next couple of weeks as well as adding some back lighting to the diffusers to really make them stand out - those are probably the most asked about item in the room..

Old 31st May 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by idylldon View Post
My live room:

Panel traps based on Ethan's designs. They worked wonders in the room.

Cheers,
--
Don
What a nice room!! It looks like the kind of place where you would want to start playing the very same moment you get in there.

Don, what is the actual size of the room?
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by american View Post
What a nice room!! It looks like the kind of place where you would want to start playing the very same moment you get in there.

Don, what is the actual size of the room?
Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier.

Thanks for the kind words! Most people really like it when they walk in and always comment on what a nice vibe it has. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

The dimensions: Size: 29' x 21' (609 ft^2) and the ceiling is about 14' at it highest point.

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 17th June 2009
Lives for gear

That's a nice sized room...have you done any measuring in terms of decay times? That'd be interesting to know.

Frank
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel9992 View Post
That's a nice sized room...have you done any measuring in terms of decay times? That'd be interesting to know.

Frank
No, I haven't done any actual measuring, but as close as I can figure by plugging the dimensions into some formulas I guesstimate the decay times are around .5-.6 sec., so it's on the deader side of things. There is no audible ringing or anything unusual when I do the ol' "clap" test, and the rooms seems to be pretty evenly balanced. Before I did the acoustic panel installation, though, it was a complete and utter miasma of noise!

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idylldon View Post
No, I haven't done any actual measuring, but as close as I can figure by plugging the dimensions into some formulas I guesstimate the decay times are around .5-.6 sec., so it's on the deader side of things. There is no audible ringing or anything unusual when I do the ol' "clap" test, and the rooms seems to be pretty evenly balanced. Before I did the acoustic panel installation, though, it was a complete and utter miasma of noise!

Cheers,
--
Don
Cool...not that it really matters I suppose. If it sounds good, it is good! Super room.

Frank

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search