The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DIY Diffusors to the Max
Old 8th January 2019
Lives for gear

Non-EQ-able out-of-phase bass reflections

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
Was re-reading this thread, and may I know how the last measurement looks like? It's old, but, how did you get rid off the 90 HZ and 150 hz dips?

I have exactly the same freq. response right now in my unfinished room.
I never revisited this room. Taking a closer look at the old measurement in ARTAs Unsmoothed DFT frequency response I conclude that it is ±2.2dB below 200Hz given that the Genelec 1032A already rolls off under 45Hz.

To "get rid" of the dips I could have used EQ (personally I prefer not to!) except at ~175Hz because the Excess group delay is quite low: Non-EQ-able out-of-phase bass reflections usually show up as bumps ... most likely the floor reflection in my example (hard to avoid).

BTW: To compare two measurements you have to look at the phase as well!
Attached Thumbnails
DIY Diffusors to the Max-20190108-dft.gif   DIY Diffusors to the Max-20190108-egd.gif  
Old 10th April 2019
Lives for gear

After reading this thread, I have to ask the question: What happened to the room you were working on most of the thread, @ G. E. ?
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear

Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
After reading this thread, I have to ask the question: What happened to the room you were working on most of the thread, @ G. E. ?
After I moved both studio and office to a totally new place the old room became more of a production facility and storage space. I'm happy for the time I could stay there and explore room acoustics -- I still use these measurements and findings for new developments.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search