The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how to non-permanet attach foam Bass Traps
Old 7th May 2008
Gear Nut

how to non-permanet attach foam

I have a bunch of Auralex LENRD corner bass traps that I would like to non-permanently mount to my corners.

Also from what I have read they will be more effective if they are somehow spaced away from the wall. Any easy tips for achieving this?

I am temporarily putting these in the corners until I get ready acoustics panels to put up. Once those arrive I will be using these bass traps to above and below the Ready Acoustics traps OR I will put them in the corner between my ceiling and the tops of walls.

Either way I need a non permanent way to mount these that won't damage the walls. Are T-Pins my best option?

thanks!
Old 7th May 2008
JWL
Lives for gear

Not sure on that one, I don't often work with foam. As far as I know the manufacturer recommends gluing them to the wall. I'd check with them, they should have better ideas for you.
Old 18th May 2008
Gear Maniac

Before I bought my house and was in a rental, I had the same issue. I used T-pins and they worked well, but I don't know if they make them long enough to accommodate spacing a LENRD off the wall.

When you take them down, you may just have to touch up some pin holes with a small paintbrush. No big deal.
Old 18th May 2008
rlg
Gear Maniac

I used the Auralex Temp Tabs when I recently had foam up in a temporary room for about 5 months. Little Velcro discs that attach to the wall and a small plastic plate that gets glued to the foam. Gluing the little plates was a pain, and it didn't stick/dry as quickly as I'd been anticipating, but ultimately the foam stayed up, and when I took it down, the velcro discs came off the wall without taking paint with them, so I was fairly satisfied with this solution.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search