The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tips wanted for studio design
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Nut
Tips wanted for studio design

We found a new place for the studio recently and we will start building and stuff soon. I'd like to get some tips on how to go about though, so I was hoping some of you here might have some ideas! I made a quick sketch of the place so you can kind of get the picture.

The small stair in the upper left lead up to a door at around 1m height. It leads out to the street and we plan on using it for loading/unloading. The windows are pretty big, also start at around 1m height I think and go almost all the way up to the ceiling (ceiling is approx. 3m).

The "wall" on the lower part (kind of dashed out) is not a wall but it's basically as far as our rented space goes. We still have access to the part behind (kitchen, toilet, shower etc is all located there) but we have to restrict what we build to this invisible barrier @ around 11m.

Oh, and the left wall is not crooked as it looks in the sketch! All the walls are straight, it's just me who can't draw properly, hehe...

Ok, all tips are welcome!!

Edit: forgot to mention, but what we need is a control room, a live room and a relax/tv room. One or two iso booths might be good to have too, but it's not absolutely necessary.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Your first stop should be here:

Studio Design Forums

They're good folks and will get you headed in the right direction...
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs View Post
We found a new place for the studio recently and we will start building and stuff soon. I'd like to get some tips on how to go about though, so I was hoping some of you here might have some ideas! I made a quick sketch of the place so you can kind of get the picture.
Your first stop should be my Acoustics FAQ:

Acoustic Treatment and Design for Recording Studios and Listening Rooms

There's also a lot of non-sales advice on my company's web site, linked under my name below. In particular, see this page which explains how to determine "good" room dimensions:

RealTraps - ModeCalc

Then follow up here with any questions.

--Ethan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search