The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wasn't there an acoustics forum? help needed
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Well in case anyone's interested, this is what it looks like.

Ended up leaving a 4" gap behind the treatment and putting some blue leds in there. Used chains into the joists and it's still up as I type. I think it sounds better.

I'd like some opinions please

S
Attached Thumbnails
Wasn't there an acoustics forum? help needed-studio-new-treatment.jpg  
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Ouch, still nothing eh? Ok well thanks for the help all, in particular, Rick, your input assisted me greatly
Old 10th September 2007

Hey Scoobz,
Sorry it took a while for a reply, it's been a pretty busy weekend and I wantd to have a chance to listen to the MP3 before getting back to you.....so this morning over coffee I finally got some free time.
The room looks a whole lot better! You've got that "cocoon" thing happening. Glad that you're getting better mixing results.
I just listened to the MP3 on computer speakers and I can hear the mix "fill in" much better in the 2nd half. A low synth shows up that doesn't even appear on my speakers in the first half.
Looks like you've sorted it out my man!
Best of luck,
Rick
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz View Post
Well in case anyone's interested, this is what it looks like.

Ended up leaving a 4" gap behind the treatment and putting some blue leds in there. Used chains into the joists and it's still up as I type. I think it sounds better.

I'd like some opinions please

S
I've been following this thread for a second and all I can say is WOW! Scoobz, your room looks a lot nicer and I'm sure it sounds a lot better. I haven't had time to checkout your audio, but I will soon. I wish I could treat the spot I'm in, but the walls are paper thin. Maybe one day....

Good Job!
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Yep, i'm finally enjoying mixing again! So thanks for all the comments and if anyone else has similar problems I advise this course of action!
Old 17th July 2019
Here for the gear

wow

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search