The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audimute Acoustic Panels
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Nut

Audimute Acoustic Panels

Anyone tried these out.

they seem kind of cool right?

Audimute Panel - Charcoal - Audimute Soundproofing

I'm not affiliated with them in any way.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

That looks cool, but it's a lot pricier than 703. Looks like it would be better than Auralex though.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Addict

They don't look pretty but the numbers (prices and performance) look interesting.
Old 3rd January 2008
Gear Nut

has anyone tried these out yet?
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

I saw the specs at the bottom of the page. Good thing, it doesn't have the infamous upper midrange cut that 703 has. Bad thing, that lower midrange peak in absorption.

From looking at the test results, I am guessing that it is a fairly dense (<8lb/ft^3) material. If some likes the looks, it is probably an excellent product for gapping.

Cottony soft,
Andre
Old 3rd January 2008
JWL
Lives for gear

Looks interesting. I was glad to see that they include asborption specs, but like so many other products they only include down to 125Hz. For bass trapping, that's where things start to happen..... and much of the problems in small rooms are below 125Hz.

Though a pet peeve of mine is when acoustic treatment companies claim their products are for "soundproofing." Throwing up any kind of panel like this (yes, even Realtraps.... LOL) will not give you "soundproofing."

My guess is that these panels are similar to Ultratouch cotton in construction. They also look to be more expensive, although finding out what their "clearance" sale actually is might be worthwhile.

I wonder how much shipping costs on this stuff?
Old 4th January 2008
Gear Nut

Lets say i wanted to use these instead of foam. It would work way better right?

I dont want to make my own acoustic panels and I dont want that cheap bull**** foam (foambymail) and auralex is just to expensive for me (if i went with the 4in foam).

These panels would be for a small room with nothing but brick (soundproof part is pretty much covered).I just need something with great absorption for vocals only.

Room is like 4' W x 6 L x 7 H.

Shipping is way cheaper on their site (well atleast thats what the calculator showed) then the prices on ebay are and that goes for shipping and the actual panels.......so i guess whoever decides to order some get them from thier site.

I need more then 4 panels but 4 panels for $120 sounds good to me.
Old 4th January 2008
Gear Nut

In general I have the impression that these relative new cotton like are indeed comparable or better absorbers than fiberglass or rockwool like materials.

While indeed pitty that standard lab data lies between +/- 100 & 5000 Hz it gives a trend.
Most measure below and above this range, but these labs are designed and calibrated for this, by standards covered ranges, and mostly only publish beyond these ranges on request, clearly distinguishing between the ranges covered by the standards and beyond.

A difference in ASTM (US) and European approach is that American measurement will the 125 Hz 1/3 octave band value representing the 125 1/1 octave band value, while the European approach is to give the averaged value of the 3 adjacent 1/3 octave band values as value for the 1/1 octave band.
Old 4th January 2008
Lives for gear

Agreed. It would certainly be nice if we could find a way to have standardized data below 100Hz. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen any time soon most likely. General rules of thumb apply.

Look at the trends as Eric suggests.

For deeper bass control, thickness becomes a more overriding factor than density to a point.

Bryan
Old 4th January 2008
Lives for gear

ASI pro audio specs for the 2" cotton at 125hz .17
BIG difference...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search