The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is Devore fabric adequate for broadband absorbers?
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Is Devore fabric adequate for broadband absorbers?

Hi everyone,

Two years ago I built several bass traps and broadband absorbers using rockwool and black Camira Cara, bought directly from GIK, and I'm quite happy with their effect. I'm now planning to buy several GIK diffuser panels, and making a few other broadband absorbers, but Camira Cara is currently out of stock in GIK Europe.

So I'm wondering if Devore is a good alternative. This fabric has rave reviews with the home theater crowd, because it's VERY black, it absorbs almost all light, which makes it perfect for home theater screen walls. It's actually one of the things that attracts me, I'd like to put 2 broadband absorber panels on the first reflection points, and not having light reflections would be perfect. Camira Cara is great, but it reflects a lot of light, unfortunately.

As anyone around here tried using Devore?

Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions.
Old 9th August 2020
Here for the gear

I think the answer is no one tried it.
It's better to stay with Camira Cara, to make sure the panels work as they should.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear