The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nasty room to treat, need some advice.
Old 29th June 2020
Here for the gear

Nasty room to treat, need some advice.

Hello all,

I've been a long time lurker over here but now it is time to ask you guys some acoustic advice for my small studio.

I have an uneven room in the top left corner, there is a small extra rectangular corner made of dry wall to cover the ventilation pipe. which makes it hard to place a perfectly aligned bass trap there. On the upper right corner I have a corner where 2 windows meet. What would be the best way to place bass traps in these corners?

1. Should I make 2 bass traps in the upper left or one big bass trap that covers both corners?

2. Can I just place a bass trap in front of the windows in the upper right corner and does this bass trap need to be the same size as number 1?

3. Can I split up the bass traps, one part above the floating desk and another part below the floating desk? Or does the desk interfere with the bass traps?

4. Can I place bass traps in front of the wardrobe in any way, maybe on stands? Or does this have no function because it is not the real room corner? I can't place any vertical bass traps inside the wardrobe, horizontal bass traps might be possible on the back wall ceiling corners. Or maybe place some acoustic panels on the 2 wardrobe doors that are on the front rail?

The room height is 2.4 meters.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Nasty room to treat, need some advice.-studio-room.jpg  
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear