The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My home studio needs saving
Old 16th June 2020
Here for the gear

My home studio needs saving

Hey everyone. I'm hoping ya'll can help me!

I'm 20 years old (still living at home) and pretty much have no options to move my studio into a better room/position.

I'm parallel to the short walls which I know sucks but I have no choice, and my speakers sit in front of the window so I can't place any absorption behind them.

As for the side walls, i'm positioned to the far left side of the room instead of the centre.

So Q's:

1. How would I treat the Early Reflections of the side walls?

2. I've put the room dimensions into a room mode calculator. However, this would normally work fine in a studio centred and parallel to the longer walls so how would I treat "my side" of the room.

3. I have a huge Null exactly where I'm sitting but i'm not sure where I would place Bass Traps considering the corners of the room are not equal where i'm positioned.

I've posted pics if that helps!

Brandon.
Attached Thumbnails
My home studio needs saving-shot-2.jpg   My home studio needs saving-shot-3.jpg   My home studio needs saving-shot-4.jpg  
Old 8th July 2020
You said that you cannot move to a better room/position but can you relocate your recording desk (to the right) so it faces the wall between the the 2 sections of windows then move other things around to accommodate that?
You may want to consider a good set of headphones as a temporary monitoring solution along with low-volume speaker monitoring.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear