The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Treatment for room/playroom
Old 20th January 2020
Here for the gear

Treatment for room/playroom

Okay so i am doing a room up and will be able to fit myself a nice studio desk in there, I have about a grand to spend and after much thought and looking in this forum , room treatment seems to be a must over buying more gear :(.

The only problem is that I'm going to be sharing this room with the kids and it's going to have to be a basic setup .

What is a must have and where in terms of room treatment . My desk isnt going to be centre of the room and if I could have it centering it means having a tv directly in from of me. So pads above and behind me is a no no.

How should I go about this. What is absolutely essential for me to include if I'm going to spend money making it acoustically better?

I do have a wall I can use but directly behind me is a window, could an acoustic curtain work with this and I could fit some panels above and below

Last edited by serious steve; 20th January 2020 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Adding more info
Old 21st January 2020
Here for the gear

Noone?
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear

Since I am 100% unqualified to answer, I would suggest you reach out to Glenn at GIK.
He is extremely generous with his time and has always been willing to help me out in the past.

https://www.gikacoustics.com/contact/

Maybe wait for NAMM to wrap up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search