The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anybody here that can judge my REW result?
Old 5th January 2020
Here for the gear

Anybody here that can judge my REW result?

I have threaded my room with basstrapps behind the speakers. Absorption panels on the first reflection point. Two big basstraps on the ceiling.
How bad is this response?

Looks terrible to me, anybody ?
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-all-spl.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-filtered-ir.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-distortion.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mdat Roon_1-5-2020.mdat (2.80 MB, 24 views)
Old 7th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkanz View Post
How bad is this response?

Looks terrible to me, anybody ?
Agree... Something is not right with the measurement.

1. A closer look at the Distortion graph shows THD ≈ 40 dB below the fundamental which means Harmonic Distortion is around 1% which is acceptable but
the Noise is way too high!
There is also a sign of combfiltering in the high end. So what happened here??

2. Zooming in on the Impulse there are two strong peaks (0.4ms appart).

Suggestion:
Make sure direct monitoring is OFF and check the sample rates in the OS, Soundcard REW software. (the same?)

How loud/soft are you sweeping? Is this a noisy room?

Allways measure ONE speaker at a time. First Left then Right. (To check if they look similar?)

Show us a photo of your set up so we can see monitor and mic position.
Also a simple drawing of the room with Room dimensions. L,W & H would be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-noise-problem.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-impulse-double-peaks.jpg  
Old 8th January 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks for the reply Akebrake,

I checked my measurements (as you mentioned) last night and figured out speakers where not standing in the middle of the room.
I will post the new results tonight and also add some pictures of the room and the dimensions.

Thanks for taking the time already.
Old 8th January 2020
Here for the gear

roomdimensions and right and

I attached the room dimensions called "studio.jpg".

Attached the new measurement (after putting the speakers in the middle).
And also attached pictures of the setup of the microphone and the room treatment.

Measurements where all set to 44,1 khz
Where do i set off direct monitoring?

Hope this makes it all more clear.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Equipment :

mic ecm 8000 (downloaded calibration file)
speakers : krk vxt8
Soundcard : fireface 800
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-studio.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-bass-traps_corners_front.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-basstrap_left.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-basstrap_right.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-mice_stand_middle.jpg  

Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-mice_stand_side.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-back_treated_back_wall.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-richt_wall_treated_absorption.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-left_wall_treated_absorption.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mdat new_measurement-1-8-2020.mdat (4.86 MB, 9 views)
Old 17th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkanz View Post
I attached the room dimensions called "studio.jpg".
Thanks for the drawing and sorry for my late reply. I'm still a little puzzled about the room dimensions... What's behind the black curtains front and back? Flat walls like in my attached sketch? (pic 1)
What are the two ceiling hights?

Quote:
Attached the new measurement (after putting the speakers in the middle).
Looks better now. Still missing the bass especially around 70Hz pic 2-4.
The coloured bars (along the freq.scale) are modal frequencies. ass with the length and width dimensions. Red is axial length (4.8m) and Green axial width (3.7m)

Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-lf-lr-ovly.jpg

Quote:
And also attached pictures of the setup of the microphone and the room treatment.
Room is only sparsly treated. A lot more (larger/deeper traps) needed if you like a flatter response.

Quote:
Where do i set off direct monitoring?
I’m not familiar with RME Fireface 800, but I guess you can route mic to C-room monitor or phones as foldback/cue in the 800 softw. menu somewhere.
Make sure mic to monitor is switched OFF.
To test: Tap the mic . You should not hear the measuring mic in the speaker while measuring! (= feedback)

Best
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-z-dutch-z3-elevation-2.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-lf-lr-ovly.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-l-wf-19-27-35.jpg   Anybody here that can judge my REW result?-r-wf-19-27-56.jpg  
Old 21st January 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks for the reply i will post the measurements with the direct monitoring off.
Behind the curtains are windows (big windows over the whole width).
I place the curtains to get rid of the harsh sound they produce.

Any suggestions on extra basstraps i should place and where?
Old 1st February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by akebrake View Post
Room is only sparsly treated. A lot more (larger/deeper traps) needed if you like a flatter response.
+1

As always ... :

Advice Wanted: Best Option(s) for Additional Bass-Trapping

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search