The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rigid fiberglass pipe options sweden
Old 25th October 2019
Rigid fiberglass pipe options sweden

Hey guys.
I googled and YouTubed this for a couple of days.
And I can't seem to find rigid fiberglass pipes in Sweden.
I find ordinary fiberglass stuff.
But I'm planning on building some tubetraps and all the diy's is made from stuff ordered in America.

Anyone knows anything about this please share
Best regards mattias
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Paroc makes industrial stone wool pipe sections of suitable dimensions, but I'm afraid the material might be too dense to be good at absorbing bass frequencies, but I don't know what exactly you're going to build so here goes.

https://www.paroc.se/produkter/tekni...ro-section-100

The less dense 100kg/m^3 version (Pro Section 100) is reasonably available in Finland, and I'm assuming it shouldn't be too difficult to source in Sweden either. Maybe not optimal, but could be workable depending on your plans for the traps.

Paroc also makes HVAC pipe insulation sections up to 250mm inner diameter, I believe. Not sure what the nominal density is, saw 85kg/m^3 mentioned somewhere, so the acoustic properties could be closer to what you would want, but there's no way to know really.

EDIT: There's also Knauf, a German company, that makes suitable fiberglass pipe insulation sections, but I have no idea of their availability.

Last edited by Windreaper; 2 weeks ago at 08:15 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Thank you sir.
Most stores in Sweden is not available for private users unfortunely.
I found some pipe-insulation second hand in the right diameter for like 50kr(8 dollars give or take) each.
But I couldnt see the density and decided to go with another building plan.
Thanks again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search