The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio
Old 10th August 2019
Lives for Jesus

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio

Inspiration Recording Studio has been open for over a year and the Live Room sounds Great as it is. But i wanted to add a bit of adsorption and wanted to get rid of some parallel walls so i built some panels.

These were simple to build and work great. The room still has a great Live Sound,. I love it for drums, vocals, acoustic instruments, everything i have recorded in here sounds great.
Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-6.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-7.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-8.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-9.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-a2.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-1.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-2.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-3.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-4.jpg

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-5.jpg

And a pic of the Control Room.. No panels in here,. The treatment is all built into the walls and cieling,. Mostly all Bass Hangers

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-control-room-1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-6.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-7.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-8.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-9.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-a2.jpg  

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-1.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-2.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-3.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-4.jpg   Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-5.jpg  

Acoustic Panels for Live Room at Inspiration Studio-control-room-1.jpg  
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

Steve, as you have posted these here in the bass traps section and not onto your studio build thread, would you care to add what materials you used in order to help anyone reading this topic in the future who is looking for help with ideas for building their own traps?

Great job, by the way.
Old 20th August 2019
Lives for Jesus

Basically these are simple adsorbers to tame high and mid frequencies where i have parallel walls in my live room.

My friend Joel built the frames,. 2ft x 4ft and 4"deep

Then i filled them with fluffy insulation.. i used polyfill because i had a bunch left over from another project.

Then covered with cloth, wood trim to cover the staples and hung them !

The hardest part was drilling the holes in the concrete walls.

The room sounded great before i did this,. it did not hurt the sound at all,. it still has a long high freq decay.. and i Love a bright live room... I like it for drums, vocals acoustic instruments, etc..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search