The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
vehicle application for bass traps if its even possible?
Old 15th July 2019
Here for the gear

vehicle application for bass traps if its even possible?

so, im a new guy to all this, let me start by introducing myself, im adam and want to make my van as nice an environment as i possibly can for sound reproduction for competition purposes, it sucks with regard to reflections due to glass, but i can manipulate 250-20k with careful speaker positioning and time alignment, eq and crossovers

very bluntly i have two 'room' resonances i could do with removing, plus i am planning on using panels on the roof/sides of the rear of the van to reduce any reflections back into the listening environment

so my frequency response which i will post in a second needs taming, i will post a pic in a sec when i log in off my phone

ill also post some pics of my install if anyone wishes to see

basically im thinking some kind of bass trap to kill 45hz and slow any frequency peaks of the subwoofer which should otherwise be a nice smooth ish curve if possible
Old 15th July 2019
Here for the gear

So my current sub which measures relatively flat outside of the van when suspended measures like this...

As you can see, it has a peak at 45hz and a bigger one at 90, potentially from the same source

The van is effectively 12ft long internally, 46”(rear) to 54” tall (front where the load floor falls down to accommodate the seats etc and 48” to 58” wide at its widest

Now if I wanted to make some kind of trap to help remove the resonances at 45hz (presuming tackle this first as it may contribute to the 90hz peak also?) I have looked up helmholtz resonators and also a variety of bass traps, if anyone can potentially help me or recommend any info sites to read and inwardly digest I would be very interested

I currently have an image in my head of several triangular cross sectional bass traps with mineral wool in or possibly a large enclosure with holes drilled in of specific sizes to form a helmholtz resonator ??
Attached Thumbnails
vehicle application for bass traps if its even possible?-03a637f8-e1e7-422d-913d-7681bd32927b.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search