The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Basstrap: Rockwool in Cardboard boxes possible?
Old 10th June 2019
Gear Head

Basstrap: Rockwool in Cardboard boxes possible?

Hi,
I am wondering whether it is possible to put rockwool insode of cardboard boxes used when moving homes.
As far as I know deep frequencies should be able to to pass through and so get absorbed by travelling through the rockwool inside.
I suppose the cardboard surface might reflect mid and upper frequencies but if so couldn't I just cover the cardboard facing the room with
a. foam pyramides or
b. thin absorbers
c. diffusors
As those boxes are available in all forms and shapes for almost nothing, very good to carry and very durable when it comes to carrying weight they seem ideal for hosting the rockwool. Reflections caused by the cardboard should be the same as if there was a wall I suppose so further treatment of the cardboardsurface might benecessary but as mid and high frequencies are to treat much more easy than low ones the options should be there.
If there is anything wrong with my thought please let me know.
Cheers,
Jens
Old 10th June 2019

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search