The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
vpr experiments in very small room
Old 9th June 2019
Here for the gear

vpr experiments in very small room

what's up guys, i'm nixon.. i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm & powder coated. i'm using a 4" mattress topper for the foam

i used np1 polyurethane sealant spread thin. i know that it is flexible because we use it at work and it has to retain its elasticity for many years so that it doesn't crack.

in my room the bass is very amplified in the back of the room in the corner and back wall, super loud, and pretty quiet near my listening position. the room is completely untreated other than these 2 vprs i have just built. it's 9' x 10.7' x 8' with the wall behind the speakers brick & concrete floor, everything else drywall.

my rew testing seems odd, i'm sure i've done something incorrectly. i've got the mic pointing upwards with the 90deg cal file per instructions in the manual for measuring lf. i'm using the umik-1. my waterfalls seem to indicate that the panels are making my room worse? i'm positive i labeled them correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
vpr experiments in very small room-1vpr-corner.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-1vpr-straddle-1wall.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-2vpr-corner.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-empty.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-1vpr-cornerx.jpg  

vpr experiments in very small room-1vpr-straddle-1wallx.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-2vpr-cornerx.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-img_1413.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-img_7442.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-img_7250.jpg  

vpr experiments in very small room-img_7953.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-img_0508.jpg   vpr experiments in very small room-img_6902.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mdat vpr tests.mdat (9.93 MB, 23 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search