The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mlv variable depth
Old 18th April 2019
Gear Addict

Mlv variable depth

Hi there. I am planning to build some mlv trap. I am thinking to make it with variable depth to be more full band in the region from 200 to 50hz. Do you think it's ok? Or is it better to hit only one target frequency?
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Addict

Something like That. do you think is an ok plan?

thanks
andrea
Attached Thumbnails
Mlv variable depth-mlv-variable.jpg  
Old 16th May 2019
Gear Addict

Ok. I've started...i am gonna make 3 for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Mlv variable depth-20190424_183545.jpg   Mlv variable depth-20190429_180704.jpg  
Old 16th May 2019
Lives for gear

looks good!
You are working in a joinery, I can see that on the construction (45°, MDF, paper from glueing)

How do you want to make it variable and airtight?
Old 5th October 2019
Gear Addict

Done first. Seem to works very well. Another two on the bench, and then some measurement before and after
Attached Thumbnails
Mlv variable depth-20191004_173508-1.jpg   Mlv variable depth-20191004_180930.jpg  
Old 23rd October 2019
Gear Addict

YESSS

Yes, i've done 3, and they work!

I've listen to music and everything is more "FIRM"
and also the measurement seems to tell what my ears told me.

t30 time is much better down below, and also waterfall look more clean on the sub and bass register. (look at the date today and the older)

i need moooree
Attached Thumbnails
Mlv variable depth-t30-26-05-2018-left.jpg   Mlv variable depth-t30-26-05-2018-right.jpg   Mlv variable depth-water-fall23-10-19-mlv-.jpg   Mlv variable depth-t-30-right-mlv-2019.jpg   Mlv variable depth-t-30-left-mlv-2019.jpg  

Mlv variable depth-waterfall-26-05-2018-.jpg  
Old 25th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea19837 View Post
...t30 time is much better down below, and also waterfall look more clean on the sub and bass register. (look at the date today and the older)...
Most GS people are more used to REW plots. If you like more in depth comment on your measurements:

FuzzMeasure can export IR as wav. Look in the menu. Try that and upload here. Then we can open in REW and scrutinise.

Best

PS It looks like the decaying 63 Hz peak is squared off ? Also 63Hz is missing in the T30 plots. Clipping? Try lowering the level slightly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search