The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
QRD Diffuser Design Opinion needed!
Old 6th April 2019
Here for the gear

QRD Diffuser Design Opinion needed!

Hello there,
I'm a newbie here,but the reason I look for help is that I'm on the way to make a QRD Diffuser for my new studio. Still searching for a design which is functional but artistic too. I wonder if the design on the following picture has both qualities. Thanks for the help and opinion in advance.

Cheers

Konstantin
Attached Thumbnails
QRD Diffuser Design Opinion needed!-7003f20367639b95d0ed6aefeb0e5114.jpg  

Last edited by KonstantinTD; 6th April 2019 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: syntax error
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonstantinTD View Post
Hello there,
I'm a newbie here,but the reason I look for help is that I'm on the way to make a QRD Diffuser for my new studio. Still searching for a design which is functional but artistic too. I wonder if the design on the following picture has both qualities. Thanks for the help and opinion in advance.

Cheers

Konstantin
hello

IMHO, it's not a qrd. It's can work in little frequency range (high ftrequency) but not with the effeciency of a qrd built following the state of the art (deep of well and respect of the pattern)

here QRDude: Quadratic Residue Diffuser calculator
Old 7th April 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks for the feedback Dinococcus.
I know that the thing on the picture is not a QRD, it's a parametric wall design. I'm thinking aloud here. Lets suppose that these lines are the fins of the wells and the bottoms of the wells are following the same curve with the depth which is needed for the QRD pattern. For example I need this to fit to a wall 2.5m wide and 2.1m high.
As I'm using the QRDude calculator(really useful tool by the way,thanks!) And if I chose a base freq of 240 Hz with 41 steps pattern*(the design on the picture is with around 45 fins) it gives me a deepest well of 75cm.
Which is ok for me, I have the space. I will then design the curves above the line of the QRD well, and then cut the bottom of the well with the same shape of the corresponding fin. Here comes the tricky part with the phasing of every well which I'm just starting to grasp.
As I said I think aloud here and have so many questions in my head. That's why I made the topic, and thank you for being the first to reply,every opinion is valuable for me. I thought nobody will write anything.

Cheers
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear

Artnovion Avalon Flow is similar to your pic.
Attached Thumbnails
QRD Diffuser Design Opinion needed!-artnovion-product-317-avalon-flow-concept-1773122ee908758c443bafd02639da.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search