The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Record, edit, and mix performances—with stunning sound quality—using the professional-grade Mbox audio interface. And now Mbox is an even better value with Pro Tools Express software included at no additional charge. Or bundle it with Pro Tools | Software instead and maximize your creativity and power. No matter what you choose, you can easily connect mics, instruments, monitors, and other analog, digital, and/or MIDI gear with your computer to capture and create studio-quality productions.

Discussions

Evaluating AD/DA loops by means of Audio Diffmaker

I do not know. Excerpt from the Audio DiffMaker Help: Refining Avid Mbox 3 test: Audio DiffMaker -5,079msec, 5,079dB (L), 5,024dB (R) Difference: -39,7 dBFS (L), -40,3 dBFS (R) Matlab -5.0736msec, 5.067dB (L), 5.009dB (R) (R) Difference: -41.3 dBFS (L), -42.0 dBFS (R)

View Post

Does it make sense 48K nowadays?

...key & of course the Song & execution of that song. My Apogee Rosetta at 44.1k sounds ALOT better than my mbox 3 at 96k. Higher numbers look better but in practice they all work fine. Do what you want and what works with your system /workflow. If you feel that soft synths are better at 88.2...

View Post

not so sharp condenser mics??

i have the mic going straight into the pre amp, and then the pre amp goes into the mbox 3 interface. i have recorded vocals without the pre amp, straight into the interface and they sound similar. i mean its a cheap low end avid mbox 3 interface i have a hard time believing...

View Post