Command|8 is a compact and flexible control surface for Pro Tools|HD®, Pro Tools LE®, and Pro Tools M-Powered™ systems, and supported Avid® systems.
The main features of Command|8 include:
- Eight fader strips, each with a motorized, touch-sensitive fader, rotary encoder, LEDs, and Solo, Mute, and Channel Select switches
- Analog monitoring section with the following
• Output and level control for mains and headphones
• Two pairs of analog inputs, one for the main mix from Pro Tools, one for alternate sources
- One MIDI In port and two MIDI Out ports providing 16 channels of MIDI input and 32 channels of MIDI output
- USB port for direct USB MIDI communication with Pro Tools
- Large, bright LCD for data display
- 1/4-inch Punch In port for footswitch control of recording
- Transport controls and mode switches
- Windows switches for Pro Tools display
- Navigation and Zoom controls
- Tactile control of track volume, pan, send level, send pan, and record status, as well as PRE™ (Digidesign mic preamplifier) gain
- Fast and convenient access to sends, inserts, plug-in pages, pan settings, and other track functions
- Five Function keys to access Utility, Fader Mute, and MIDI mapping functions
- AC power supply designed specifically for Command|8
- Stand-Alone mode with save and recall of up to 8 snapshots
• Allows control of any device that supports MIDI Continuous Controller messages
• Allows use of custom MIDI mapping
Digi Command 8, still competitive?
I'm wondering how the Command 8 is sizing up next to other options in regards to value/quality. I'm not a professional and for the foreseeable future I am PT only. The price for a new command 8 makes it seem less than competitive next to the Avid MC/Artist Mix (I recognize...
Studio One: Where have you been all my life?
...have purchased in an attempt to justify why someone like me shouldn't be getting screwed over by them:
HD3 Accel ($7500)
HD5 Accel ($12 grand at the time)
HD Native TB ($2k)
6x Digidesign 192s ($2k each)
4x AVID HD 16x16 ($3.5k each with expansion cards)
ICON D-Control - 32 Fader with Surround Panner (yes, in...
S3 versus Artist Mix
...is put in front of me by whatever studio I'm working in. Over the past year it's been mostly the Command 8, s3, Euphonix and Artist Mix, and a Mackie controller or two.
I find that the single row arrangement just isn't particularly fast for me when I'm working and I'd rather just open the...
See All Discussions
Begin a Discussion