The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Avid Pro Tools

Sponsored By
Options
Announcement: Welcome to the "DAW talk" subforum area Whitecat
10th May 2017 Views: 7,570
Views: 7,570
10th May 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Are you keeping up with the Pro Tools subscription? Curious to see how my fellow gearslutz are handling this. Mark you...

Diogo C
replies: 83 views: 2,696
dankin 6 days ago

PT's funny

funny how most all Pro's are using Protools...just sayingrockout

mikeyman
replies: 41 views: 1,801
DJTEMPO 7 hours ago

Hi, I am experience some lagging in my Pro Tools HD system, after upgrading both the Pro Tools software and the Mac OSX....

no-xplode
replies: 8 views: 286
s.d.finley 19 hours ago

So here's a question for some of the old-timers in regards to pro tools and mac. I have an old Mac Pro 1,1 tower that is...

Inglesworth
replies: 1 views: 241
mups 23 hours ago

Hi, I recorded a session in Pro Tools, hit save, and closed the session. Never moved any files in Finder or anything...

no-xplode
replies: 0 views: 189
no-xplode 1 day ago

Has anyone managed to get Direct Input monitoring working In Protools 12 with RME Totalmix FX? I can't seem to make it work....

Hammer v2
replies: 0 views: 310
Hammer v2 2 days ago

Hi, I rarely post here, but I'm having a very bizarre problem with pro tools. On a regular basis, after closing and re-opening...

gilliganr
replies: 0 views: 267
gilliganr 2 days ago

I hope someone here will know the deal with this. I support a client who bought a perpetual license with 12 months of support...

Mikey MTC
replies: 2 views: 290
Mikey MTC 2 days ago

Hi everyone! I've noticed that when I mix in Pro Tools I have a hard time turning off my brain in regards to the volume numbers...

bubblypatrick
replies: 4 views: 431
joeq 3 days ago

Hi, So I was wondering what's the biggest buffer size you can set on Protools? A guy from work told me his was an insane amount...

caton
replies: 17 views: 576
s.d.finley 3 days ago

Hey, curious what services SFTP or cloud service(s) you use for sending mix stems, lossless 24bit etc WAV files THanks

fuzzface777
replies: 3 views: 301
KV626 4 days ago

Hello guys! I just recieved a huge update on my equipment and i really have no clue on whats going on. I used to record on...

Gerardosalvador
replies: 2 views: 461
psycho_monkey 5 days ago

Neyrinck is working on a solution for these legacy controllers that is showing some promise. An article over at Pro Tools Expert...

Brian Campbell
replies: 17 views: 1,102
RightOnRome 5 days ago

Hi all, tried googling this particular problem but to no avail: I have a HUI controller (in fact it is a custom script in one of...

huub
replies: 5 views: 999
huub 6 days ago

When I insert a hardware comp on the main fader the signal is gone from from that channel but sound still comes out. Should I not...

Sombrerogrande
replies: 3 views: 422
Sombrerogrande 6 days ago

How on earth has Avid not integrated delay compensation for all busses and sidechain features? Seriously. Someone help me...

tyrobins
replies: 2 views: 344
tyrobins 6 days ago

hi, our S3 has a couple of displays that are dim. one is too dark to be readable. i know many look wildly different in the pic,...

charlienyc
replies: 0 views: 294
charlienyc 6 days ago

Hello, I have a bit of an unusual question. I purchased a used copy of Pro Tools 12 from eBay. The seller provided me with the...

Analog Kid
replies: 9 views: 571
kangking 1 week ago

So here's my thought: I currently run PT10 on a 2013 Macbook Pro. What if I bought a bulls*&% new PC laptop with an...

Jamo88
replies: 1 views: 259
YourBestFriend 1 week ago

I tried to look for this but couldn't find it. is there an equivalent to option+cmd+click on windows that would assign an...

elauria
replies: 1 views: 304
elauria 1 week ago

Okay I know those of you who swear by pro tools will smite me with your grand skills, haha but I just have a question! What is...

Parisyte
replies: 284 views: 15,558
Lance Lawson 1 week ago

I recently bought a lot of outboard gear, and I'm using PT11 as my DAW for composing. The outboard gear is a Tetra and Analog...

Miltersen
replies: 5 views: 1,341
Bluesdog 1 week ago

I feel like this has to have been answered somewhere but I have not found a definitive answer. I've stuck with PT 10 HD on an...

drewharris
replies: 2 views: 377
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Hi all- The past few updates have not included a fix for this problem, and Avid has told me they have no timeline for fixing...

Spanzor
replies: 29 views: 959
TheSoundFella 1 week ago

Is this correct? Thanks!

twitter
replies: 6 views: 430
twitter 1 week ago

Hi, I'm new to Pro tools and am currently using First, but plan on upgrading. I have tried out different daws and one of them was...

coffeebean7
replies: 1 views: 352
therealmoosie 1 week ago

Hi fellas I know the problem was covered here at GS and eventually solved,but it seems i've losi something so if anybody could...

Blackers
replies: 3 views: 422
Blackers 1 week ago

I'm considering sending 4 HD i/o 16x16's in for the XB mod at Black Lion. 3 of these are for my large SSL G+ room which is a...

mike-661
replies: 25 views: 1,015
deuc647 2 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
Wizzomixer 2 weeks ago

OK so my old 2012 MBP just died - I need to replace it a new MBP is not going to work on El Capitan!! I need to get Pro tools...

T_R_S
replies: 2 views: 450
T_R_S 2 weeks ago

I've always been a MAC user and never had to worry about system requirements, but I'm starting fresh after a few years of not...

Mark777
replies: 2 views: 398
Wizzomixer 2 weeks ago

Hey Everyone, This is my first time posting. I hope I got this in the right place. I'm having problems with the metering on my...

Lucien404
replies: 6 views: 439
Lucien404 2 weeks ago

I’m one of the many people who use an HD native to link up my Burl Mothership, and don’t use Pro Tools. As a result acquiring...

Rezivor
replies: 16 views: 944
forreal 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone! So I’ve recently begun recording paying clients, and I am running into “pro tools ran out of cpu power”...

GOStudioNC
replies: 3 views: 557
Rami Hashash 2 weeks ago

My Fast Track C600 burned out so I replaced it with the M-Audio 2x2m and now get the "Unable to locate hardware" error...

hawkesk57
replies: 0 views: 312
hawkesk57 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm in the process of going to live in Berlin in a few months. I'd like to know which DAWS are the most used in Germany. I...

juanpuget
replies: 2 views: 437
Teej 2 weeks ago

So this is gonna be kind of hard to explain... I found similar threads, but sadly nothing that adressed this exact issue. Where...

Whooley
replies: 2 views: 316
Whooley 2 weeks ago

Hi everybody. How can I pan multiple tracks the same amount, at the same time? I'm using Pro Tools 12, Non-HD. I realize that...

MashburnGear
replies: 2 views: 417
MashburnGear 2 weeks ago

Ever since I installed PT9, I have been getting a nag screen when I launch saying "Required software extensions are missing....

Songhead
replies: 8 views: 4,446
anodecathode 2 weeks ago

..please delete...

Lucien404
replies: 0 views: 365
Lucien404 3 weeks ago

Hej, a newbee question, because I'm considering using protools over my goto DAW for the last years Logic. (Better metering,...

jnchristp
replies: 0 views: 332
jnchristp 3 weeks ago

Anyone considering upgrading their PT8-9 system to 10 and then calling it quits? I've already got the upgrade, but haven't...

Convectuoso
replies: 37 views: 18,156
IM WHO YOU THINK 3 weeks ago

Hi, I saw that Audiodeluxe is selling Pro Tools 12 with an iLok on eBay for $399 which is considerably cheaper than Avid's...

shobuddy
replies: 15 views: 999
jwh1192 3 weeks ago

Experimenting with an upgrade to PT 2018.4 Ultimate on HDX rig attached to a the System5F. Only major issue encountered is that...

ew8
replies: 0 views: 354
ew8 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm currently using the ProTools Perpetual Plan with an Apogee Symphony 16x16 I/O. However, I'd like the ability to mix in...

cwillmott
replies: 2 views: 427
cwillmott 4 weeks ago

I received a copy of pro tools first bundled with 21 plugin effects with a product I brought which I was excited about, but it...

coffeebean7
replies: 3 views: 404
shanabit 4 weeks ago

Hello all! I've had an ongoing issue with pro tools and I can't seem to find a good way to resolve it. It seems with no rhyme...

GOStudioNC
replies: 1 views: 470
Inglesworth 4 weeks ago

I'm running some samples through some outboard gear on many tracks of a big project. I use an insert that I put on a track then I...

hitsville
replies: 3 views: 364
hitsville 4 weeks ago

I have asked everyone I know personally if there is a way to correct this bahavior in PT and nobody seems to even understand what...

Einstein
replies: 7 views: 559
Inglesworth 4 weeks ago

I've been using protools since the 001 Rack days. more recently i was running protools via an mbox 2 pro (the firewire 400...

nigeldaddy
replies: 3 views: 496
Inglesworth 4 weeks ago

I'm currently taking Pro Tools 110 and part of my assignment is to use Beat Detective- Region Separation. However, whenever I...

anncarter
replies: 3 views: 411
Inglesworth 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search