The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Avid Pro Tools

Options
Announcement: Welcome to the "DAW talk" subforum area Whitecat
10th May 2017 Views: 6,222
Views: 6,222
10th May 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I created a group of 10 tracks in pro tools. But not i want to be able to automate the volume of one of the tracks...

henrydee
replies: 2 views: 195
Wizzomixer 36 minutes ago

hi I am being forced to make the jump to pt 12x due to os being outdated. currently running os 10.8.5. my situation and needs...

ejsongs
replies: 5 views: 277
Mikey MTC 3 hours ago

Hey everyone, there is a lot on the web on how to use an x32 as an audio interface with PT and as a DAW MIDI controller at the...

herrturtur
replies: 0 views: 76
herrturtur 6 hours ago

Hi, I have an enormous amount of delay compensation on a very simple session, I do have two UAD plugin on the MB, but still......

laperlestudio
replies: 2 views: 218
musicianof1 7 hours ago

Hey Guys, Wondering if somebody can help me out. Upon opening a Pro Tools session, that I've already recorded in, my regions...

friedmza
replies: 0 views: 173
friedmza 1 day ago

Does anyone else get really frustrated when they can't figure out why they can't consolidate tracks, yet there are a ton of...

dethbyoogabooga
replies: 0 views: 174
dethbyoogabooga 1 day ago

Hello. I'm using a PT10 software with a C|24 controller. I set things up so that in the recording room the headphones mix is...

heysimo
replies: 7 views: 4,324
swsounds 1 day ago

I haven't been on this in years and the site has changed so Im not sure if im posting in the right spot. Anyway lately my...

Bengalee
replies: 3 views: 349
Nate Wade 1 day ago

Hello, System is MacPro 5,1, 24cores, 32GB ram. All of sudden I get CPU overload error (AAE -6101) on Protools. All the...

planck
replies: 9 views: 292
bom619 2 days ago

Hello guys I sharing with you a bad experience with my setup. Using Protools 12 with a RME Hdspe fx Madi card and 2 SPL Madison...

soukouss
replies: 2 views: 190
soukouss 2 days ago

I have been using Pro Tools on my iMac for years. I also have an old Macbook Pro that I have occasionally used for mobile...

psych
replies: 2 views: 336
DannyMac 2 days ago

Hi folks - newbie alert. Pulling my hair out, and I'm sure it's something simple. I've read and searched and read some...

shortyedwards
replies: 1 views: 186
jerry123 3 days ago

Would like to hear from those that are still on Pro Tools HD Accel (MacPro, PT-up to 10, OS10.7, etc.) and those that have gone...

aremos
replies: 7 views: 447
mr.styles 3 days ago

Hello everyone. This has never been an issue for me in the two and half years I've been a Pro Tools user, so I'm hoping...

redmeansgo82
replies: 1 views: 231
DannyMac 3 days ago

Hi, i'm using pro tools for years now, essentially on macbook pro and i wondered if someone had a gear advice or experience...

jack_spagetti
replies: 4 views: 286
jack_spagetti 3 days ago

if i want to save everything (inserts, automation, sends etc.) on this track (picture below) as it's own wav file so i can open...

bby94
replies: 1 views: 237
bby94 3 days ago

Hi lads, I was away from writing and recording for a couple years and decided to get back at it only to find A) Sonar is...

foolsfortune
replies: 0 views: 191
foolsfortune 4 days ago

Hi people. I need your help, and your thoughts ... I have a Mac Pro 3.1 (8core 32gb ram, snow leopard) and i need to setup it...

spreadspell
replies: 4 views: 366
aremos 4 days ago

Is it possible to use a HD card with an old pro tools (9 or 10) and use it just for acceleration and TDM plugins while using...

ayskura
replies: 2 views: 184
ayskura 4 days ago

Hi there, i am located in germany and i am using a command 8 with PT 12, since 2 weeks i have a problem with one of the...

haifai
replies: 1 views: 172
Brian Campbell 4 days ago

So I've relied on the Waves gold plugins but since I upgraded my computer and pro tools to version 12, I have to merge into the...

Plasma Face
replies: 15 views: 554
KevWind 4 days ago

Avid charges 400$ a year for the subscription plus "support" the non HD fee is split 99$ for sub.. 200 for both Do...

rectifried
replies: 0 views: 197
rectifried 4 days ago

Just got a new Macbook Pro running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3, I am using iLok 2 through a USB-C to USB-A adapter and I installed...

Ikelos
replies: 3 views: 245
KevWind 4 days ago

Hello. I'm going to update Pro Tools to 2018 version in High Sierra. Can someone please tell me if MuteTone works with that...

Alepan
replies: 2 views: 285
BombHouseWreck 4 days ago

i need a free drum replacement tool. would love to own the massey drt, but unfortunately i can't afford it right now. any free...

Syrtis
replies: 1 views: 215
kslight 5 days ago

A problem suddenly appeared out of nowhere. What can have gone wrong? I start a new project with default routing (I've done...

Ledzettervall
replies: 7 views: 259
Ledzettervall 5 days ago

It looks like X-Touch compact doesn't support HUI, and Pro Tools doesn't support Mackie mode. Does that mean you can't use it...

jl303
replies: 13 views: 6,291
diogo_c 5 days ago

This is a recurring problem that happens every 1 month or so for me. My Pro Tools Preferences just randomly reset? It is...

ThePrez
replies: 5 views: 247
jwh1192 6 days ago

An engineer sent me pro tools files (version 10) as zips, but I can't open some of them on my mac using pro tools 12. Has this...

turtletree
replies: 8 views: 287
Ben Jenssen 1 week ago

Just installed Pro Tools 2018.1 on my MacBook Pro (High Sierra 10.13.3), and tried to set up my Yamaha Reface DX as a MIDI...

Ikelos
replies: 0 views: 192
Ikelos 1 week ago

Hello, I have searched the forum fairly thoroughly but didn't find the answer to my question, to the point where I feel like...

Alexis19944
replies: 0 views: 233
Alexis19944 1 week ago

HI I have lost my installer for pro tools 12.5 :( and thats my perpetual licence. I only have 12.7 and need to revert to an...

Ziltoid1
replies: 4 views: 289
enar 1 week ago

1. Install the right version from MTP AV motu drivers and "Clockworks software" from MOTU.com - Downloads 2. Connect...

kikedrum
replies: 5 views: 891
kikedrum 1 week ago

After a few months away I turned on my 11 Rack booted up Protools 10. I've been mucking around with Synthmaster and I down...

Harle000
replies: 1 views: 337
Wizzomixer 1 week ago

Downloads are in your Avid Account now rockout

T_R_S
replies: 31 views: 3,467
bambamboom 1 week ago

SUDDENLY! After a successful year with running 2 monitors / PT 12.7.1 on a MAC trashcan Quad...now plugging in the 2nd monitor...

Studio 44
replies: 1 views: 272
DannyMac 1 week ago

For example I will save a session and then exit pro tools. As pro tools is shutting it asks me again if I want to "save...

turtletree
replies: 10 views: 373
DannyMac 1 week ago

Hi all, I've been working in Pro Tools for about 16 years and don't usually have many questions. But this problem has me...

AumStudioBrian
replies: 3 views: 274
Lenzo 1 week ago

I'm going to be recording myself in a booth while my computer is outside the booth. I record voiceovers and narration, so can...

El Heavio
replies: 5 views: 249
chucks 1 week ago

i just installed Pro Tools 2018. been OK, a little buggier than my 100% non-buggy version 11... but, the most annoying thing...

t_d
replies: 2 views: 406
[email protected] 1 week ago

Just studied this a bit and it sound like a no brainer - why doesn't every DAW support something like this? I guess, every DAW...

verme
replies: 27 views: 4,517
T_R_S 1 week ago

How can i get one regular stereo file that I'm used to getting from when I export using ableton on pro tools? My primary question...

turtletree
replies: 4 views: 304
pentagon 1 week ago

two beginner questions about pro tools: 1. Is there a way to consolidate (merge) clips on the same track? shortcut? 2. I'm...

turtletree
replies: 6 views: 349
pentagon 1 week ago

I have a faderport (single fader) setup with pro tools 2018. It worked perfectly for 1 day, but now when I start pro tools the...

zyhuang666
replies: 1 views: 317
zyhuang666 1 week ago

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue. I am in grid mode and only SOME of the gridlines are showing.I...

bmaaudiomelb
replies: 4 views: 590
BruceSokolovic 1 week ago

Hi all, I have a quick question. I've been using Pro Tools LE since version 5 on Mac OS 9. I'm currently still using version...

jeffgoobs
replies: 5 views: 2,437
aljecaro 1 week ago

I just installed Kontakt player to use with PT 11 on a PC. It shows up as a stand alone instrument if I click on it on the...

Bigsalada
replies: 0 views: 255
Bigsalada 2 weeks ago

Why is my "automation follows edits" button orange?

turtletree
replies: 1 views: 277
Henrik Hjortnaes 2 weeks ago

I posted a picture below that helps clarify this question relating to the bottom 5 tracks in the pro tools session. First off...

turtletree
replies: 1 views: 324
pentagon 2 weeks ago

is there a setting that I can set so the left column (tracks and groups) & the right column (clips) don't show up when I open...

turtletree
replies: 1 views: 292
pentagon 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search