The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Any trick to installing aax plugins in 11
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Any trick to installing aax plugins in 11

I just downloaded a trial of pro tools 11 and i have ordered the upgrade. I was looking for some free pro tools aax plugins and i downloaded the blue cat plugin bundle. How do i install them. I draged the folder with the plugins into the applications folder where pro tools resides but when i open pt 11 the plugins dont show up. Thanks in advance, larry.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear
Assuming your on a Mac.

The AAX folder is > Main Disk>>Library>>Applications Support>>>Avid>>>Audio>>>Plug ins.

Check it has installed them in this location. If not drag them there.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Maniac

put them in there and they still dont show up in the session as valid not sure what i am doing wrong
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Are they 64bit plugins? PT10 uses 32bit AAX plugins, and they will not work in PT11. Looking quickly at the Blue Cat site, it looks like only Windows AAX-64bit is supported at this time.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Nut

All Blue Cat Plugs are aax64 for mac. running fine in 11 here. Dont drag the entire blue cat folder, drag the individual plugin files (xxx.aaxplugin) in there
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Maniac

thanks for the replies

Thanks so much for the help. When I dragged the individual plugins in it worked great. Do you know of any other free aax plugins that I can grab from the web?
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear
Try looking thru this AAX Plug-in Checker on pro-tools-expert.
AAX Database - Pro Tools Expert Blog

Do a search for AAX on the site as there are a couple of more links...AAX for pt11 for example

P.S. click on the text looking button on the right and choose 200 items per page view
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Another question- got some free plugs from t racks- it does not say if it is aax and when i tried to install the plugins it said it could not because they are from an unidentified developer. What is that all about?
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear
The PT11 and AAX list
AAX Native Plug-Ins Working So Far In Pro Tools

Cant comment on the t-racks situation
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRYROSE View Post
Another question- got some free plugs from t racks- it does not say if it is aax and when i tried to install the plugins it said it could not because they are from an unidentified developer. What is that all about?
For ik stuff you need to go to your ik account a download the latest t racks custom shop application. You can also get the amplitube free plugin there. No dragging ik plugins in the folder. There is also an ik authorization manager application. can't remember if you need to use it for the free stuff but maybe.

There is a plugin by ddmf called metaplugin. Try the demo, only limitation is no saving. It will allow you to host any 64 bit vst plugin in PT 11. Check it out.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search