The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools Track Color Prefs
Old 12th August 2013
Here for the gear

Pro Tools Track Color Prefs

Hi! I'm sure this is a preference thing that I just can't find but I'm hoping someone here knows.

When I import multiple audio tracks into a session all the tracks import the same color. If it's just one or two this is fine, but when you get 10 or 20 I'd like them to alternate colors.

thanks!
Old 12th August 2013
Gear Nut

I dont think you can import tracks with different colours automatically.

But if you go to window>colour palette. a palette comes up. you can then use that palette to change the colour of your clips, tracks, groups etc. its pretty flexible.
Old 27th August 2013
Gear Guru

imho - the coloring of pro tools is horrible. sessions come up with no colors all the time .. have to redo .. this is as bad as the unbelievably short Click Samples - can rip your head off in Cans if you do not low pass the **** out of them ... i asked along time ago when they said you could use your own Click samples ... so i did BUT when i chopped them down to be small enough for the program to use they were short and harsh as well

Colors, Click, etc ... getting lost in the shuffle for more features ... stupid

just my .02

john
Old 1st September 2013
Preferences-display - play with colour preferences and choose what suits.
Old 30th April 2019
Here for the gear

Back in version 7.xx the regions on tracks would automatically come up as many different colours per track depending on the voice the track was using. The various region colours were independent of track colours. It would be good if this option were available again!
Old 30th April 2019
Lives for gear

Slightly OT, but I would LOVE to see PT give us the ability to select tracks based on their color.
Old 30th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
Slightly OT, but I would LOVE to see PT give us the ability to select tracks based on their color.
Use groups and set colour by group.
Done.
(the group doesn't even need to do anything but that's what they are there for)

And Eucon will break up (stack) tracks by colour so if using the free Control App you can sort/select by colour.
Old 1st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Use groups and set colour by group.
Done.
(the group doesn't even need to do anything but that's what they are there for)

And Eucon will break up (stack) tracks by colour so if using the free Control App you can sort/select by colour.
Thanks for the idea! I'll check into it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search