The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Could not complete the Open Session command because...while translating tracks DAW Software
Old 16th January 2013
Here for the gear

Could not complete the Open Session command because...while translating tracks

In trying to open up a pro tools session that I worked on a couple months ago, I surprisingly keep getting this message just when everything is about to load up. Has anybody had this issue before and knows a way to solve this problem? Would love some help asap. Thanks gearslutians.
Old 16th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Try making a new session and importing the session data from your corrupt session. If you still get the message, do it again but one track at a time. This will show you which track is the problematic track and you can salvage some of your session ! Good luck !
Old 11th February 2017
Here for the gear

It's nothing to do with a corrupted session i've had a few of them in the past, this is different I get this all the time in Protools 10 but as soon as I reboot and reload the session it works, i'm using an Mbox 3 in windows 10 x64 i'm thinking it's avid drivers that's the problem, I also get dropouts in windows when the sound just stops but if I changed the playback sample rate my interface starts working again. Only advice I can give is reboot your machine, it's annoying but it always fixes it for me.
Old 11th February 2017
Here for the gear

So I just figured out why this is happening, it's due to a file ownership problem in Windows the way to fix it is to install Take Ownership option you can find details on how to do that here

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

it says it's for windows vista but it works for windows 7 and windows 10 as well, just follow the guide and install it once it's installed open your session folder and right click the protools file you want to open then select take ownership, after that your file should open without issue.
Old 11th February 2017
I hope the OP wasn't still waiting for an answer 4 years later!
Old 11th February 2017
Here for the gear

probably not but should anyone else have the same issue at least there's one solution that works at least for me
Old 29th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereoman View Post
probably not but should anyone else have the same issue at least there's one solution that works at least for me
It has just worked! Thanks a lot!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search