The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Digisnake DB25 quality ?
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Digisnake DB25 quality ?

what do people think of Digisnake DB25 cables vs alternatives ?

Does anyone know who they are made by ?

best wishes
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

I am considering getting some db25 to db25 cables made with Sommer Cable Mistral but the Digisnakes are cheaper.

Has anyone ever compared the two?

Does anyone have any strong opinions about Digisnakes? I read somewhere that they are made by Mogami but I cant find any info on Avid's site about that and you would think that they would mention it.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

I had some digisnakes that I got when I bought my control24. They are fine I think as far as quality- but not the best. I bought a bunch more from LA pro audio that were mogami with gold connectors and the thing that really stood out was how much more flexible they were.

Much easier to work with. The digisnakes were rreally stiff by comparison.
Old 18th September 2011
There's also a Hosa substitute available.

Now I know opinions vary, and this is only mine... but the one I bought went straight to the "recycling bin" after a week. I would rather that than sell it to anyone else and inflict upon them the same misery I incurred.

Sure it was just as well I took the money spent on it and set it afire and enjoyed the warmth from the burning currency.

Just sayin'!
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstory View Post
I had some digisnakes that I got when I bought my control24. They are fine I think as far as quality- but not the best. I bought a bunch more from LA pro audio that were mogami with gold connectors and the thing that really stood out was how much more flexible they were.

Much easier to work with. The digisnakes were rreally stiff by comparison.
thanks for this. Was a there a noticeable difference in the quality of the the audio being passed through the Mogami snakes or not really noticeable?
Old 1st December 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreflakes View Post
what do people think of Digisnake DB25 cables vs alternatives ?

Does anyone know who they are made by ?

best wishes
at short distances all well built cables behave the same. The sound quality difference would be neglegible. Well Built is key plus material specs . Same material, well built cable, short distance 5 ft or less = same quality sound

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search