The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avid Pro Tools Tech Preview (version 10?) IBC 2011...
Old 7th October 2011
Lives for gear

with hardware inserts, offline bounce can´t be used anyway
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Well.... there are handful of protool user who only does ITB.
Old 12th October 2011
Here for the gear

Checked this..?

Is This Pro Tools 10?
Old 15th October 2011
Here for the gear

Finally. But who uses a 64 bit computer? Oh yeah. Everyone for like 6 years.
Old 16th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeylik View Post
Finally. But who uses a 64 bit computer? Oh yeah. Everyone for like 6 years.
I really don't think so. Not if you are making money off your system day to day. 64 bit has been a pain in the ass all around. I just moved my audio computer to a 64bit OS around a year ago. We all went through the same process when everything went 32bit.

Everyone? In the audio industry? 6 years? If you say so.
Old 20th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBOY View Post
I really don't think so. Not if you are making money off your system day to day. 64 bit has been a pain in the ass all around. I just moved my audio computer to a 64bit OS around a year ago. We all went through the same process when everything went 32bit.

Everyone? In the audio industry? 6 years? If you say so.

Most FX plugs aren't 64 bit in the first place, at least all those that matter.
Most DAWs won't allow 32/64 bit Plug-in Mix.

So - until the top-shop FX plugs go 64 bit I'm on 32 bit....

Although, 64 bit SHOULD be on EVERY SFX Maker's mind... We need it !!!!
Old 25th October 2011
Gear Addict

Well Done Avid. Impressive -

32 bit engine. Finally. They will finally come up to par with Nuendo that IMO is the * DAW king in terms of a DAW produced mix that actually sounds nice. I might take the plunge after all these years. It will still have to integrate into my SSL world as a streaming piece but that's about it. I will always prefer analog. I really have never cared for plugins and what it does to the mix. VST RTAS TDM doesn't matter to me.

It is so typical though in this industry huh? All the folks who invested heavily in TDM Accel whatever have been abandoned already. Those that just upgraded to PT9 a few months ago are already screwed. The new cards have 4x the processing power? But now you need all 24 GB of RAM because it is now a total memory hawg. I guess Avid learned something from ol' Bill Gates after all. Create an operating system architecture that gobbnles up every system resource in its path like a swarm of locusts.

Speaking of VST/VSTI, I surmise that the PT10 platform will still not handshake with Steinberg VST even after all these years huh? What's up with that? These two companies need to find a middle ground after all these years. Here's an idea --How about the 64 bit RTASVSTTDMUADNATIVE format, or just simply the acronym RTASVSTTDMUADNATIVE for short? Hey good idea. Lets go with that -

Enjoy the new release. PT11 next. 128 Bit format, PCIZ cards with 16x the processing power. 128GB RAM required. 1,175,350,750 streaming tracks of audio @ 128 bit / 768,000 kHz sample rate. 28,800 rpm fixed hard drives required of course, and 10 external 1-JegaByte hard drives per DAW as each song will occupy 1 tetrabyte of harddrive space. Are these exciting times or what?

Later -

I've go to go take my morning constitutional.

~skygod~

* DAW King not to be confused with the NJ Kid -- aka The Tone King.
a cappice? ~fuggedaboudit!
Old 16th November 2011
Here for the gear

Yeah, but I'm tired of scraping for ram. 32bit limits things. I don't want to upgrade plugins either.... It just seems like there's a better way.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search