The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Avid Pro Tools Tech Preview (version 10?) IBC 2011...
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaMix View Post
The earlier thread here was axed. 3...2...1....
Strange, given it's actually all over the DUC anyway. It's not like speculation, rumour or otherwise.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict
Fantastic! Clip based volume changes that dont affect the mix levels is one of the things i missed most about leaving Nuendo for Pro Tools :D
Can't wait for that! Now if only they would add a channel strip in the arrange window i'd be happy..
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Nut

mmmmmmmmmm yes please.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

didnt get that whole deal with RAM timeline.

whats all that about? just fade rendering?

what could be the advantages of loading the timeline to ram?
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

cubase has had the region gain feature for years. its one of the things i miss with protools! cant wait for pt 10!
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Real time fades and gain, about freaking time! I get tired of losing those damn files.....
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Cool, thanks for posting Tony. I think that the new features are very nice. I like the idea of off site storage, and also that it makes the program's response faster. - paul
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

Wake me up when you can do non realtime bounce!!!!!!

Seriously....it's 2011 how can people work without this feature is mind boggling~
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

clip level is something I've wanted for quite a while... great we're getting it! So is 64-bit coming for real?! heh
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskay View Post

Seriously....it's 2011 how can people work without this feature is mind boggling~
Lot's of people are using hardware which makes RT bouncing tricky at times. I agree that it should at least be an option for those who are completely in-the-box.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Im actually working just fine without it... But then again I actually care about the quality of my product enough to want to ensure that bounce is right. just saying... even if I had the offline option, I still wouldn't use it.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Nut

i just hope the upgrade price is gonna be reasonable. i barely got pro tools 9 few months back and already new is coming ehhhhhhhhhh....
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:

As it will never be possible with TDM, its unlikely they'll provide it for their native users.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
As it will never be possible with TDM, its unlikely they'll provide it for their native users.
Exactly. What I'm wondering is how a 64 bit app will work with the current TDM systems. Seems to me that they have to phase out HD as we know it in order to move forward at some point. Unless they have a new HD system coming out as well. They seem to be pushing HD native big time right now and in the video they're using Native to run PT 10.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Here's the thing for me at least. There's so many things PT does well and IMO better than any other DAW when it comes to recording, editing and mixing audio that the lack of offline bounce is worth dealing with. I say that as someone who owns the latest versions of Logic, Cubase and PT and use all 3 every week. I would love to have offline bouncing in PT and I'm sure we'll see it eventually maybe even in 10 but I'm personally way more excited about clip based gain control than offline bouncing.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbibidy View Post
Im actually working just fine without it... But then again I actually care about the quality of my product enough to want to ensure that bounce is right. just saying... even if I had the offline option, I still wouldn't use it.
Itoo also prefer real time, but when your processing over 2 hours of audio, its something i dont necessarily want to spend two hours of my time bouncing. Im sure there are thousands in the same boat who will appreciate when this feature is eventually available.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Did I hear Audio Suite handles?
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

I heard a new PT/HD release in November. Although why would they not demo this at AES then. Who knows when it comes to the Avid rumour mill. : P
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Cool!
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

wow, clip gain and real time crossfades - what an innovation hahaha ....

So, they slowly offer features other DAWs offered for 5 to 10 years and call that great new features? definitely a perspective one might have.

best
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskay

I made a heavy on CPU mix offline export with Live a few days ago to find out it took far longer than the track duration...
Either there's a serious problem with my conf or I won't bash PT's real time bounce again!
A.
Old 11th September 2011
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

anyone else notice the waveform was visible during drag?
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

Offline option is important~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbibidy View Post
Don't make comments that aren't true. Logic and Cubase and Nuendo do PERFECT bounces. For you to assume that the audio is somewhat not the same is really drinking the Avid Cool Aid. I also use Pro-Tools as well trust me, but the fact that I started working on 2 hour longs radio shows and TV documentaries that were an hour and a half Pro-Tools just wasn't an option anymore. Time is money and so many times we are going back making little changes that the producer wanted that the talent wanted, add an extra commercial...there is no way in hell that I would bounce in real time for every little change.
Hey if I'm mixing a record or a song I do it in Pro-Tools. That's what I started with. But for me not having an offline option makes me use Cubase for certain projects because time is important....and you know what the bounces are just perfect.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Translation:

Avid has made a somewhat unusual move, will demonstrate the next version of Pro Tools at IBC 2011. Although not yet know which features outlined will be included in the official version, but the picture looks very interesting. This version has presented a special function to load the session in RAM, allowing better performance when dealing with files that are on the timeline. This is achieved in a new version of Pro Tools 64-Bit. The video mentioned other important developments, including the ability to open multiple AudioSuite plugins at the same time, plus you can save those who have open at the time. At issue are also improvements, such as a dedicated gain control for each clip, and new crossfades and fades in real time (no longer need be rendered). It is unclear when it could get this new version of Pro Tools, but it's clear that Avid is working hard on it. What you see in the video is only a development version, is therefore subject to any changes.

Sounding good.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steff3 View Post
wow, clip gain and real time crossfades - what an innovation hahaha ....

So, they slowly offer features other DAWs offered for 5 to 10 years and call that great new features? definitely a perspective one might have.

best

and please: offering just real time bounce is so 90's, too.

Avid's excuse (because of the quality is lame and wrong, could not be more off)

Pro Tools inNOvations for ten years
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinghits View Post
Offline rendering please!
How does ANY hardware bounces offline. I really wanna see my La2a or tubetech working OFFLINE!!!
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mite View Post
How does ANY hardware bounces offline. I really wanna see my La2a or tubetech working OFFLINE!!!
Dude, why you being ignorant? Of course with NO platform can you offline bounce when you are hybrid mixing. It is for the people who working completely IN THE BOX.

If you are using hardware this is not needed.

Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

VST and VSTi support?

and yeah, offline bouncing... cmon avid, get in modern times
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardi View Post
Translation:

Avid has made a somewhat unusual move, will demonstrate the next version of Pro Tools at IBC 2011. Although not yet know which features outlined will be included in the official version, but the picture looks very interesting. This version has presented a special function to load the session in RAM, allowing better performance when dealing with files that are on the timeline. This is achieved in a new version of Pro Tools 64-Bit. The video mentioned other important developments, including the ability to open multiple AudioSuite plugins at the same time, plus you can save those who have open at the time. At issue are also improvements, such as a dedicated gain control for each clip, and new crossfades and fades in real time (no longer need be rendered). It is unclear when it could get this new version of Pro Tools, but it's clear that Avid is working hard on it. What you see in the video is only a development version, is therefore subject to any changes.

Sounding good.
They forgot to say "offline bounce" and "saving channel strips"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search