The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
64 bit Pro Tools 10 is coming. This is HUGE!
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
There´s NO WAY avid is going to use
a non proprietary format like vst in their systems.

Hopefully they´l encrypt the coming RTAS 2
similar well / better than TDM which has several anti piracy advantages.

I really like the fact that none of the guys next door
work with my pretious mdw eq, heat, anthology tdm plugins.
tdm has been cracked many years ago... and you should expect that an new format gets MUCH faster hacked in todays globally world if its a popular format...
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVogi View Post
tdm has been cracked many years ago... and you should expect that an new format gets MUCH faster hacked in todays globally world if its a popular format...
TDM itself hasn't been cracked, but the iLok protection (and some others) many TDM plug-ins use has been.
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_lowe View Post
TDM itself hasn't been cracked, but the iLok protection (and some others) many TDM plug-ins use has been.
oh you're right... thanks for correction!
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaP View Post
Loading a whole session into ram is a game changer, especially if you work in 5.1 or at higher sample rates. The clip based gain feature will probably cut my DIA mix pass time in half.
What does clip based gain change exactly?
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnscottguitar View Post
What SaschaP was referring to is having the ability to "quickly" adjust all your DIA clips to relatively the same loudness. In a typical DIA edit, recordings can be drastically different. It is not uncommon for a clip to be followed by another clip 20 dB lower. Currently in PT adjusting a clip + 20 dB (PreFader) is not a "quick" process. It is destructive - meaning no handles - and requires a couple few steps. Some will cry BS here and that it is a very simple fast process, but those are people who haven't worked on a Fairlight.

My question is how well will PT10 handle clip based gain. If it's yet another lane that I'll have to get the mouse out in order to manipulate then the average PT user will rightfully wonder what everyone has been begging for. If it's more like I select a file - hit apple + 3 - and the file now has been adjusted up 3 dB then people will get it and SaschaP will be very happy
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathand View Post
What SaschaP was referring to is having the ability to "quickly" adjust all your DIA clips to relatively the same loudness. In a typical DIA edit, recordings can be drastically different. It is not uncommon for a clip to be followed by another clip 20 dB lower. Currently in PT adjusting a clip + 20 dB (PreFader) is not a "quick" process. It is destructive - meaning no handles - and requires a couple few steps. Some will cry BS here and that it is a very simple fast process, but those are people who haven't worked on a Fairlight.

My question is how well will PT10 handle clip based gain. If it's yet another lane that I'll have to get the mouse out in order to manipulate then the average PT user will rightfully wonder what everyone has been begging for. If it's more like I select a file - hit apple + 3 - and the file now has been adjusted up 3 dB then people will get it and SaschaP will be very happy
Indeed I would be very happy

In the video it looks like they implemented clip gain in the main volume automation lane with a modifier key.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
There´s NO WAY avid is going to use
a non proprietary format like vst in their systems.
I didn't expect Avid to open their systems to third party interfaces not so long ago so I am not making any predictions about this either. :-)

Alistair
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

clip gain will be great for dialog edit especially when the projects get mixed within pro tools... then you can leave volume-automation for mixing (better overview, less clutter) and see without looking at the automation-line if something is loud or quiet (because the waveform gets adjusted with clip gain).

also you have a constant level BEFORE the inserts which is great for comps and/other level dependent effects (noise reduction for example)
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

And let's hope, this clip gain is REALLY sample accurate...

Kuba
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Maniac

HD/Native power vs HD/TDM POWER

Power can be different.
And their applications - also.
???????...?????? - YouTube
Motor power of the hero of the video - 75 hp.
You still have doubts about the strength of TDM?
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoEgo View Post
Power can be different.
And their applications - also.
???????...?????? - YouTube
Motor power of the hero of the video - 75 hp.
You still have doubts about the strength of TDM?
I assume you're trying to make an analogy? if so, it's a bad one.

I must remember, next time my native Nuendo system gets stuckin the mud, get an old G4 with an HD card in it to help out.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I assume you're trying to make an analogy? if so, it's a bad one.

I must remember, next time my native Nuendo system gets stuckin the mud, get an old G4 with an HD card in it to help out.
lol.. The video was funny!!!!

Bad analogy, cool vid.

My PT9 works great...now... After setting it to PT suggestions, deleting preferences and the database!! I had all the errors you can imagine..
Hope PT10 goes 64bit!!!
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Music View Post
lol.. The video was funny!!!!

Bad analogy, cool vid.

My PT9 works great...now... After setting it to PT suggestions, deleting preferences and the database!! I had all the errors you can imagine..
Hope PT10 goes 64bit!!!

Yeah the video is funny.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yeah the video is funny.
Hello Friends!
Just because it seems to me today...
Old 21st October 2011
Here for the gear

Not quite 64-bit but does do some cool stuff. Check it out here.

I guess the old TDM/RTAS code was impossible to port up to 64-bit.
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Maniac

the old behemoth is trying to be modern. That's so nice of them.

watching their promo video was hilarious.

Introducing Pro Tools® 10 and Pro Tools® HDX - a gigantic leap in sound and speed - YouTube

"It gives me hope"
Old 21st October 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwardyLikeTank View Post
the old behemoth is trying to be modern. That's so nice of them.

watching their promo video was hilarious.
Why? It's again put PT ahead of the competition? Not for home users or songwriters - but for the hi end production markets (post, VO etc) it's becoming a no brainer (as if ubiquity wasn't enough).
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnscottguitar View Post
The fact that you can adjust your mix volume on individual sections even with the automation already set. Plus makes it A LOT faster for getting rough volume set (Especially if your usually the type to just slap a compressor on it). This feature alone will save me 2hours of work everyday.

Check the vids and detail links and find out for yourself (They have a full overview of it)
Pro Tools 10 | IAMGI.net
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Nut

Will owners of the old DV Toolkit2 be able to upgrade to the Complete Production Toolkit if we switch to 10? I'm on 9 and was about to upgrade to CPTK2, only to check the Avid website and find PT10 out instead. It's only been about a year, so I was surprised, not to mention slightly annoyed.
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Head

New PT10 features/tutorial videos out from Wizprodux! Posted the links up for you guys.

Exclusive Pro Tools 10 videos on features and tutorials from Wizprodux
EXCLUSIVE PRO TOOLS 10 FEATURE VIDEOS | IAMGI.net

Ill keep posting more of them up as I keep getting access to them.
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Nut

how come every subforum has at least 3 topics open dedicated to PT10. damn
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Nut

5 topics just at this forum.
Old 21st October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYBEEETSSS View Post
I hadn't read the entire thread but I wanna clarify that PT10 is NOT 64bit. RAM access of course if huge but that doesn't make it 64bit. If it were, there'd be no need for the RAM access... U can believe me or not.. Ur choice of course... Just relaying over what is not clear info. But hey, we'll see when it gets hear...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Gearslutz.com App
Now do y'all believe me
Old 21st October 2011
Lives for gear

ProTools 10 really sucks!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search