The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools Native & Apogee Rosetta 800
Old 22nd March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I finally pulled the string. PT9 and AD16X works, however I have a slight chorus going on that I am trying to get rid of. A lot of tweaking. Running Apogee 16X with Symphony rig. Sounds great until I hit record and track, then I lose the clear nice sound. Any ideas? There is a lot of latency settings. PT8LE worked fine when I clicked on low latency monitoring. I'm sure it will work, just don't know what to set the settings on to get that zero latency without the chorus effect. Ran it down on 64 samples, trying all samples just to see if I can get rid of the chorus effect. Can anyone help me out with that?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adassumpcao View Post
Hi Charlie!

Thanks for your feedback.The problem here is not with the Firewire card, it's with the X-HD card. Checkout the posts above!

Cheers,

Arthur
Yup, it never worked. I am happily kicking ass with my new Avid HD I/O though Anyone you know interested in a Rosetta 800?
Hi Jimmy,

Honestly I'm also thinking in changing from Apogee to AVID. I don't see any good will of their behalf for the users who spent thousands of dollars in their gear. It seems that they only care about the new product.

Thankfully the new AVID converters are much better that previous ones and are at the same level of quality as the Apogee new Symphony I/O.

Cheers,

Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy7 View Post
Yup, it never worked. I am happily kicking ass with my new Avid HD I/O though Anyone you know interested in a Rosetta 800?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitfiddle View Post
I finally pulled the string. PT9 and AD16X works, however I have a slight chorus going on that I am trying to get rid of. A lot of tweaking. Running Apogee 16X with Symphony rig. Sounds great until I hit record and track, then I lose the clear nice sound. Any ideas? There is a lot of latency settings. PT8LE worked fine when I clicked on low latency monitoring. I'm sure it will work, just don't know what to set the settings on to get that zero latency without the chorus effect. Ran it down on 64 samples, trying all samples just to see if I can get rid of the chorus effect. Can anyone help me out with that?
You're using the Symphony soundcards to connect your AD16X to your PC, or the X-HD card to connect to Protools HD soundcards?
Lives for gear

I have the Symphony 32 pci-e card plugged into my mac. It works, I'm just trying to get rid of the chorus effect when monitoring. Almost like it is receiving 2 signals simultaneously, one from maestro(apogee interface routing software)and one from the PT9 software ASIO? If I could just turn one of them off, without them both going off it would work perfect. I am still working on it, I'm sure I will figure it out soon. Some help though would be great, if anyone can help me out.
Lives for gear

It works! I just turned off the Maestro, and it works. I am a happy customer running at 64 samples very smooth. I have Symphony 32/AD16X working with PT9 on it's own. Sounds great, now I can get back to work. Thanks.
Thats nice to hear! You're using PT HD/Production Toolkit 2?

Can you have low latency monitoring enabled per track?

Is it stable? Please give us your feedback since that may be an alternative.

Cheers,

Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitfiddle View Post
It works! I just turned off the Maestro, and it works. I am a happy customer running at 64 samples very smooth. I have Symphony 32/AD16X working with PT9 on it's own. Sounds great, now I can get back to work. Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Stable as a rock! I am just using PT9 non-HD. I don't even have the Production Toolkit. I just upgraded from PTLE8 to PT9. Sure is nice to ditch the 002 and use my Apogee converters. It is kind of like having an HD rig now. No latency and great sounding converters. I am able to record with plugins on too. Something I could only do in logic. I had to get PT because a lot of the people I work with use only PT. Just makes life easier.
Old 25th March 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hello all.
Somebody help me??
I have two rosseta 800 and I need updateit to HD Native,when will be compatible.
Its a serious problem whit me and they do not answer.
Thansks-
Lives for gear

Apogee has stated that they currently have no plans to make it compatible.

(they want you to buy their stuff)

TH
Hi,

I'm exactly in the same situation as you.

For me the solution is easy. I'm undergoing soon in a big AD/DA reformulation in the studio and will NOT use apogee for this exact reason (lack of support).

So my advice is, if you really want to go with an Native|HD interface I advice you to play safe and bet your money in the AVID's converters. They're as good as the Symphony IO converters and they cost within the same price range. Support is guaranteed and it will work.

If if was 8 years ago I would say go for Apogee because the quality really paid of. But this time AVID really did it and the new converters are awesome, as good as Apogee. So they lost their market advantage.

Hope it helps mate,

Cheers,

Arthur
Here for the gear

Ok,
but the old "Avid" 192 IO is in the same range that rosetta 800??
always said that sounded great and is easy find in ebay.
Thanks.
The 192 converters sound nice, but the Apogee & AD/DA16X sound much better in my opinion.

I can't say the same for the newer converters. To me, despite they sound a little bit different to my hear, they're in the same league and level of audio fidelity. I would buy one or the other, but I think the AVID support is much better, so for me I would go for the new AVID converters.
Old 26th March 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

the importance of having everything in one brand...but Avid is a little expensive for me.
Aurora?? what do you think?
Those are nice converters. Do they interconnect well with the HD|Native interface? check that with the manufacture before if you decide to buy!
Here for the gear

yes,they interconnect well with the HD|Native,on the website explain,the problem is the same that apogee,the future updates.
Gear Nut
I can't pt9 to work unless I set buffer to 1024 any lower I get overload warning. I am using rosetta 200 /symphony 32. Pt9 sounds so different than logic I just wish I could get it down to 64 or 128. Wondering could it be because of my vIs? I am running motu bpm and trilian.

I find after testing The avid vis work great down to 64 and all is well. Its a real drag I can't use my 3d part plugins i guess i could render to audio and bring them back in.
Old 27th March 2011 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by roug97 View Post
yes,they interconnect well with the HD|Native,on the website explain,the problem is the same that apogee,the future updates.
The port is the same, you only need an adapter to the "mini" version, but there must be something on the protocol that makes interfaces interconnecting with the HD|Native a little different I guess.

Are the Lynx converters already giving support for the Native interface?

Cheers,

Arthur
Old 28th March 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are the Lynx converters already giving support for the Native interface?

Cheers,

Arthur
Lynx w/HD Native works fine....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Lynx w/HD Native works fine....
Thanks for the info Mike!

So that's a nice alternative for anyone who's thinking to change from Apogee to other converters!

Arthur
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for the info Mike!

So that's a nice alternative for anyone who's thinking to change from Apogee to other converters!

Arthur
I should have made clear that I have only tested ONE Lynx 16 with HD Native. Not sure about two Lynx or a mix of Avid and Lynx.
Here for the gear

And the old digidesing 192 whit apogee Big ben? What do you tihnk?
Cheers
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roug97 View Post
And the old digidesing 192 whit apogee Big ben? What do you tihnk?
Cheers
The 192 gets slammed a lot but that's just silly, it sounds fine, and in a recent test on Abbey Road against the new stuff from Avid and Apogee one engineer said "I was really surprised at how well the 192 hung in there."

There was also a post up here some weeks back of a recording (supposed to be showing off a mic) that sounded amazingly good...I looked at the equipment list and he had used an 003! Of course he had some kind of great pre, great song, and great artist, but it does show that some of this just completely overblown unless you're doing solo classical violin recordings lol

Also, the price for a new 192 has fallen so much that's it's almost a no brainer.
TH
Old 22nd April 2011 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-O View Post
PT 9 and Rosetta 800 on firewire card here. Works flawless.
Hey there, how's the latency with this setup?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarkdj View Post
Hey there, how's the latency with this setup?
The best I have ever had. I leave the buffer at 32-64. Definitely a rock solid set-up. I have not done a proper test using clicks o see what the latency is, but it's because I have not found it necessary. I track and mix, guitar vocals, drums, no problems what so ever. I will do a click/spike test today, to see what the round trip sample latency is.

Charlie
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-O View Post
The best I have ever had. I leave the buffer at 32-64. Definitely a rock solid set-up. I have not done a proper test using clicks o see what the latency is, but it's because I have not found it necessary. I track and mix, guitar vocals, drums, no problems what so ever. I will do a click/spike test today, to see what the round trip sample latency is.

Charlie
Cool... Sounds really great! I have a Rosetta 800 connected to my Mac Pro via Firewire too, but using Logic... When tracking vocals however, I really enjoyed the great edit functions of PT. Just a pity that they're not offering a demo version of it...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarkdj View Post
Cool... Sounds really great! I have a Rosetta 800 connected to my Mac Pro via Firewire too, but using Logic... When tracking vocals however, I really enjoyed the great edit functions of PT. Just a pity that they're not offering a demo version of it...
Buy it! It's snappier than ever. Nothing "snaps" like Pro Tools for audio. It just moves fluently when editing and mixing.
Old 17th August 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Pt9hd-native + ad16x + xhd card

Hi there, I have been reading this Topic all week because I have the same issue, I bought the pt9 native card and wanted to connect it to my AD16X-XHD
well the first mistake I made was update my Snow leopard to 10.6.8 it crashed my computer big time, I found that later by reading OS compativilty isuues in AVID web site. I went back to 10.6.7 and got it to work, I connected my AD16x I did the test and failed of course, but I have comunication beetween protools and the converter, I updated my PT9.0 to PT9.03 and tryed it, it worked but not 100%, when I open a session and change any data in the playback engine I loose the input signal, and I have to restart Protools again, so I'm glad is working even though is not 100% I made it work, I recorded a 30 minutes + test session with plug ins and it did not crash at all, I might go for an Aurora converter or Avid in the future. Thanks everybody and excuse my gramma, just wanted to post this and help a little bit. My equipment is A MAC pro 8 core, 8gb Ram, PT9-native 9.0.3 and AD16X-XHD ..thanks again Have a good Day..
Old 31st October 2011
Here for the gear

OS10.6.7+HD Native+PT9.0.3+Rosetta800 work!! But not 100%.
📝 Reply