The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
PT 18.1 ULT
Old 12th September 2020
PT 18.1 ULT

Over the last month I had to deal with AUX channel dying in my sessions.

Solution: create new aux, assign the plugins (drag em over) and replicate their routing. Use it until it dies again...repeat the process and maybe get a mix done.

Does anyone know this behaviour already?
Old 12th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Becks View Post
Over the last month I had to deal with AUX channel dying in my sessions.

Solution: create new aux, assign the plugins (drag em over) and replicate their routing. Use it until it dies again...repeat the process and maybe get a mix done.

Does anyone know this behaviour already?
time to jump to 2020.9.1
Old 13th September 2020
Thanks for refeering me to the current version.

So...I use a 3000 us dollars software which doesnt function the way its advertised and u suggest to go after the 600 update plan? Am in shock this ís the first thing coming to your mind.
Really I m thinking two very very harsh words. ....A.Y.....
Old 13th September 2020
Gear Head

If it worked before and doesn’t anymore you should hunt down anything that changed in that time. If you didn’t update your PT then maybe it’s a plugin or software in your computer. Or maybe you changed a setting in PT that causes the issue
Old 13th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

So...I use a 3000 us dollars software which doesnt function the way its advertised and u suggest to go after the 600 update plan? Am in shock this ís the first thing coming to your mind.
Well it's not the worst idea, even if it's not the cheapest. More of a last resort though.

Have you tried completely resetting preferences? On Mac there is a utility for this: http://petegates.com/pg-pt-prefs.html

Also on PC http://www.pro-tools-pc.us/category-s/1514.htm
Old 13th September 2020
Quote:

Who took the jam out of your doughnut? ..

no need to be so grumpy my friend..

I just updated my old ass system to 2020.9.1 ..I went from PT12 ..it only cost me 300 US to re-extend my plan another year ..my problem was it wouldn't let me import audio files .. thats it.. but It was getting annoying theses days because everyone wants to lay stuff down at home ..and then send it in

good luck

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-expired-plan
Old 14th September 2020
Not too grumpy here.

As I understand it isnt for longer expired update plans. A renewel if it has just expired. Kinda suprised on that news...

@ Teej
Yeah just deleted prefs two weeks ago.

Think for my rap demos which are mostly a handful of tracks I ll go logic x or give a copy of cubase 10 le a shot.

Just didnt see much innovation since the PT 12 days. Those additions right before ultimate were plenty.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
As I understand it isnt for longer expired update plans. A renewel if it has just expired. Kinda suprised on that news...
Yes this is absolute BS from Avid.

Quote:
Think for my rap demos which are mostly a handful of tracks I ll go logic x or give a copy of cubase 10 le a shot.

Just didnt see much innovation since the PT 12 days. Those additions right before ultimate were plenty.
I'm mixing full time and tried Logic earnestly for a year after Avid went super consumer-unfriendly but ended up doubling down into the Avid ecosystem...S1/iPad/PT Control is really awesome. I don't blame anyone for jumping ship though, with Avid it's questionable decision after questionable decision...
Old 15th September 2020
Have you called Avid? did you change anything since you installed the software ? .. in my case I updated the OS.. if you did nothing, maybe the computer is failing? it does sound frustrating, I'd be pissed .. did you re-download and reinstall the software ? maybe the original download was corrupt?

Quote:
create new aux, assign the plugins (drag em over) and replicate their routing. Use it until it dies again...repeat the process and maybe get a mix done
📝 Reply