The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Free Pro Tools for File Transfer from Client? PT to Studio One.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Free Pro Tools for File Transfer from Client? PT to Studio One.

I use Studio One and am happy with it. But I have a client who wants to send me his pro tools session vs bounce everything out. Its a small pop record with 36 tracks (mono and stereo so maybe 50 voices). I see that I can download the free version but I am limited to 16 voices! Can I still open the session? Would everything open and I can select the 16 voices then bounce the files myself in phases?

I grew up on Pro Tools in 2004 but looking at the plans, Im glad I didnt stick with it. But I do need to open a session here and there.

What are my options? Maybe there is another way to open a PT session only to bounce tracks to use in Studio One. And can I use the UA interface with the free version?

Last edited by cap217; 4 weeks ago at 03:12 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Pro Tools First is limited to only 16 tracks and can only work with cloud-based "projects". I'm not sure if it can even import tracks or session data from a regular Pro Tools session. Your best bet is to rent Pro Tools for a month for $34.99. Make sure not to do the "Annual Subscription - Pain Monthly", but the "Monthly Subscription - Pain Monthly", or you'll be on the hook for a whole year. Also, make sure to cancel the subscription and turn off auto-renew before the month is up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What about just purchasing aatranslator?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Or 30 day trial of PT Ultimate?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Or drop PT alltoghether.
Have your client send you wav files of each track, all starting at 0.00.00, and drop them into Studio One.

Tell the client to select the clips in the edit window (selection starting at 0.00.00) and choose "Consolidate" in the menu. Then go to the Audio Files folder of the session, sort by date, and the newly created files are easily located. Close session without saving, and the files can be deleted after you've recieved them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Or drop PT alltoghether.
Have your client send you wav files of each track, all starting at 0.00.00, and drop them into Studio One.

Tell the client to select the clips in the edit window (selection starting at 0.00.00) and choose "Consolidate" in the menu. Then go to the Audio Files folder of the session, sort by date, and the newly created files are easily located. Close session without saving, and the files can be deleted after you've recieved them.
Sure. This is the easiest. Or exporting as aaf. But when they say they don’t know how or can’t, I need to figure it out. That program seems ok. If people confirmed that it works I’d buy it.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear